• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fillipa: Rainbow Bridge Memorial

Nicki

We will be away for Fillipa's anniversary, but I would like to share this with you all.

Frondil Fillipa 20th October 1997 – 8th May 2003

Fillipa030205-42-53237.jpg

It is almost two years since our beloved Fillipa left us unexpectedly with sudden heart failure, leaving us with broken hearts too. Fillipa was a very special girl, she came to live with us at 7 ½ months when it became apparent that her future wasn’t in the showring.

Fillipa was her Daddy’s little Velcro puppy and helped him through some bad times with his health. She was also Rupert’s ears, and his constant companion and guardian. Fillipa loved her cuddly toys, particularly “Alpaca”, and would always greet you with a cuddly when you returned home. She was my precious girl.

As a tribute to Fillipa, I would like to share a story of her bravery :

Fillipa to the rescue!

Fillipa and Rupert were staying overnight with our friend Heather and her three children.

The doglets had been very good all day, and 16-year-old Matthew took them out into the garden at bedtime for a final wee. They came back in, and Heather took them up to bed. Fillipa, however, would not settle, so Heather took them both out for a little walk to see if that was what Fillipa wanted. Fillipa became very agitated whilst out, and when they turned round to go back home, Fillipa was pulling really badly – not her normal behaviour at all. They ended up running most of the way back!

When they arrived home, Rupert settled immediately in 13-year-old Jennifer’s room. Fillipa went upstairs with Heather, but still would not settle. She kept barking and was in a play-bow but with her tail right down, not wagging as per normal. Heather tried all our usual commands to make Fillipa lie down and go to sleep, and even when Heather became quite firm with her, Fillipa just kept barking and barking. This was most unusual for Fillipa as she was very sensitive and hated being told off.

Heather decided to check on the children, to see if Fillipa had woken them with all her barking, and when she opened the door to 9-year-old Samantha’s room, the room was full of smoke! Samantha was still asleep, so Heather woke her and opened all the windows to clear the smoke.

Once everything had been sorted out, Fillipa settled straight away. No one else had smelt the smoke as Heather had been baking bread and the whole house smelt of bread!

When Samantha had gone to bed, she had a piece of damp kitchen roll which she wanted to dry out. She put it on top of the bulb in her bedside lamp, but fell asleep with the lamp still on. The kitchen roll dried out and began to smoulder, giving off smoke. If Fillipa hadn’t been so persistent, the whole family would have been asleep, and the consequences could have been disastrous.

Fillipa had been very brave and clever, not for her own family or even her own home, but for her friends.

Rupert and Fillipa were very close, devoted to each other, and he missed her terribly.
ValRupertFillipa.jpg

[/i]

Oh those are beautiful pictures and a lovely memory. What a wonderful story as well -- a very special girl. They are so darn smart...

I'll create an 'In Memoriam' section.

K.

What an amazing story. Fillipa was absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing her with us.
J.

Fillipa

What an amazing story with great pictures, too. Thanks for sharing this.

Fillipa was a true Cavalier Angel and will always be with you in spirit. Thanks for sharing this story Nicki with pictures of your darling girl. Cavaliers touch our hearts and souls and long may this continue.

Shine on....Fillipa giving out those rainbows![/img]

What a beautiful girl and a moving tribute to her.
Life sure can cheat on this wonderful breed.
Ruth

Thanks everyone - yes Fillipa was very special and precious, she will always have a huge place in our hearts.

The day she died, there was a rainbow above our cottage - the first one we saw in Scotland. The next one was the day we brought her ashes home, and since then, she often sends us Rainbows for special anniversaries, or just to let us know she is thinking of us.

As you know, we were away for her anniversary - but Fillipa was still with us, we saw 4 Rainbows that day...

It sounds like Fillipa is still with you in spirit Nicki, I'm sure she always will be too. A brave little baby whose life on this earth was not long enough :cry:

Back