• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

People on the street.

loveisokay

Has anyone ever had any note worthy comments about your Cavaliers?

Today, we walked to the supermarket & I stood outside with mine & got the strangest comment. A lady asked if she was a Cavalier & then asked if she was a minature version. I had always thought it was fairly obvious she was a puppy!

a lady at the park said my pup...had a very distinctive butt!!! I couldn't figure it out till I got home why she would say that. my girl is a tri so I guess it was the brown under her tail.

well i was walking alfs the other day and a man asked if he was a cav.so said yes he was ,he then said he hadnt seen one with such a wonderful movement and wouls i sell him,NO way i said so he said name your price,so i said with a giggle 500.00 euro.thinking he would walk away.OK HE SAID DEAL DONE.i was also with a mum from school who new this man and she said he wasnt joking and that he really meant that offer.not bragging but that is the third offer for him in about 5 months.

we get the minature question all the time. Its really annoying - I don't understand how people don't get that shes a puppy!! Like duh!

Our Barney is b&t and I was talking to someone at the bus stop and the gentlemen was saying they have six at home just like him and going on about how lovely they are. Then he turned round and said he loved his Yorkshire terriers.:shock:
Hadn't the heart to tell him he was a cavalier.

Haha when Bailey was still very small, I was walking him and this woman came running up to me, and asked me if he was full grown and if he will stay that size lol...when I said no, she lost all interest haha. :dogwlk:

Everyone tells me Dyaln is tiny, even cavalier owners! Have they forgotten they are all puppies to start with!!

Dyaln is 10lb at 9 months, is that extra small?

I also had someone say his face didn't look like a normal Cav, that his mouth wasn't like a normal Cav and he would have to grow into his ears. I was so angry. I'd never tell someone that even if I thought their dog was ugly!!! How blooming rude! :swear:

Yep at the park, someone said " look a mini rottweiler" *pointing at Buddy* LOL
and they always get called cocker spaniels instead of Cavalier lol.

I just took mine for a walk again this morning & got a new comment. "You've got a rat on that lead". Seriously, do people not realise she's not fully grown? That comment particularly annoyed me as there is never any need for negative comments.

But then again, that's the sort of place I live. :rolleyes:

I always get comments, people tell me she's "so cute" and I have been asked if she's for sale (turned down €600:) )I couldn't part with her for all the tea in China.The only annoyance for Daisy is that small children tend to come up to her and maul her more than she likes.But she's very tolerant and enjoys the fuss people make over her.

:lol::lol: These stories are hilarious!

Most people stare and point and say "they are so cute!

The people at the nursing home though REFUSE to accept that Kosmo is a boy. His hair is so long he MUST be a girl! :sl*p:

Iv'e had the rat on the lead jibe as well,off some builders.

One of our old neighbours sons ( evil swine but thats another story) shouted oh a mouse on a lead when I was walking my charlie.
& what tough macho breed did he own ? a basset hound ,lol

Most of the people I run into ask what breed he is.....not too many Cavaliers around here (yet!).

Someone (can't remember who) got asked if theirs was a 'King Edwards Spaniel '.

I had two old dears sitting on a park bench, one turns to the other and says ‘oh look it’s one of them prince Charles dogs’. I always say its because of the big ears. :D

Thinking about this thread reminded me of something that happen over the park a few years ago. I had gone over there with SiânE, my brother and his black cocker spaniel. We came across two men walking their Cavaliers (a ruby and B&T). They looked down and smiled at my brother dog ( the cocker spaniel) and then when SiânE walked over to say hello to their dogs. SiânE was twice the size of their dogs. They ask me if she was a cocker? :confused: I reply ‘no she a cavalier like yours’ :rolleyes: they smiled and said ‘oh yeah’ (we knew that look) and carried on walking.

As you can, see, Monty is not at al cavalier like. He isn't a cross but takes after some of the early large dogs in his pedigree. While at the vets, I met an old couple, with a tiny blenheim bitch, who insisted that Monty had to be a King Charles, as my dog's muzzle was much longer than their dogs and they knew, in fact insisted to the point when I gave up, that Charlies have longer muzzles and are bigger than cavaliers.

003montyp.jpg

Back