• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Groomer left Guinness unattended while attached to grooming table

Soushiruiuma

I took Guinness to get groomed today so that he'd be easy to maintain by his babysitter while I was out of town. This is only his second time being full-on groomed, but both times by the same woman.

I was told it would take 1 hour 20 minutes, but I didn't have anything to do after about an hour so I figured I'd just peek in. The groomer had Guinness on the grooming table with the leash around his neck, and also a tether around his hindquarters, she was nowhere to be seen. She showed up about a minute later.

I've never used the hindquarter tether, but when I was bathing dogs at the vets' offices we never left a dog unattended even for a second while leashed to a grooming table (if the dog jumps they can hang themselves, and it happens very quickly). Is the hindquarter tether really enough to guarantee the dog's safety? What if he'd seen me and thought he should jump down and run over to me? What if someone walked by and they or their dog startled him?

Guinness is the type who just stands politely for his groom, but even so, that's now how my dog should be treated. I don't think we'll be returning.

Wow! You are so much better than me, I would have been very upset. I would have interrupted for sure, I do think that is very dangerous. Even if a hindquarter tether is the "standard" practice I completely disagree with it and would not want that done with my dog. I guess with my background of childcare I know supervising children at all times is both VERY important AND VERY possible. I think you if you voice your opinion as to why you will not be returning perhaps it might remind the groomer to do better with safety.

There is no excusing this conduct - the groomer knows this. For me, it is as if I left my child with her - I hate it when someone tells me, "She's just a dog." Maybe to some, not to me and I just shudder reading about this experience. M neighbor lost a poodle years ago because of this conduct -hung itself when left alone with its head in the loop. Sure, you'll be going to another groomer but what - and how long will it be before you can trust another groomer? I'm surprised someone doesn't have a shop with wireless cameras so you can log in and watch the process.

I hope you lodged a complaint with the owner or manager. This is very dangerous as all have said, and she should be prevented from ever doing it again.

Back