• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do you put clothes on your dogs??

luvhavinbgtwins

I have one shirt but he doesnt wear cuz its warm now ..but I thought during the winter...Rex is 9.4 lbs and will be 5 months on the 1st...
A pet store has tons of winter cloths for 75% off and I thoght of maybe getting a sweater or jacket....what do you think....what size do you think I should or could get?

You should of seen the swimsuits they just brought in for boys and girls I couldnt believe it they where so cute....maybe I might get one at the end of the year when they clearance them LOL!:thnku:

Nope, we don't do the ensemble thing. I do have a weatherproof coat that I put on Rudy on really cold nasty days - altho he prob is fine, it makes me feel better knowing he's got a little extra over the 'fur' coat.

I think it is way too warm here where I live for clothes. I have used the onsies to keep their "parts" covered up when Lizzie was in heat to give an extra layer of protection from them getting together, but that wasn't for any other purpose.

Yep... I have to admit it! Bella and Koda (my 70 lb chow mix!) both have tons of clothes! They don't wear them in the late spring or summer when its warm. Just winter time. They both have raincoats to keep them from getting soaked when they go out in the rain. Booties as well, it helps keep the mud out of Bella's slippers! Bella gets cold easily, she will shiver and shake when she goes out in the cold. So she has several coats and Pj's. They are just so cute! I know a lot of people thinks it crazy to dress up their pets, but to each their own! :D One more thing I have to admit... Bella has a bikini! Admitting you have a problem is the first step.. right? icon_whistling hehe!

i have coats for Peaches cause when i first got her, her coat was so thin the first sign of rain and she would shiver. she probably doesnt need them now but i like to be sure.

Yup im afraid i do tooicon_blshing i havnt for a while tho due to her SM but rubes has 4 baskets full of different things,warm coats,waterproof coats,booties-never used,pj's, a dressing gown for after her bath,& sweat shirt type for autumn time.When i got her she had never been walked before at 4years of age so shivered& looked pained in the cold,i remember once taking her out *naked* for 15mins & it took an hour before she stopped shivering,bless.
The thing about sizes is youve no way of knowing his size in advance so youre probably best getting things (cheaply!)as he fits them or you could waste a lot of cash!Rubes was so skinny when i got her that within a few months they didnt fit her.Good luck keeping Rex still whilst you measure him lol!!

i have coats for Peaches cause when i first got her, her coat was so thin the first sign of rain and she would shiver. she probably doesnt need them now but i like to be sure.

I have to backtrack and admit that Pixie had a couple cute sweaters. When we got her, she also had a thin coat and seemed to get chilly. I felt she needed them. Bandit and Lizzie never had that problem. They were fluffy as bunnies.

slight side note, her coats are a damn site easier to clean when she's been rolling :D

No, the only clothing I would consider for a dog would be waterproofs so she could get a quick walk in the winter.She really objects to getting her precious fur damp.I must find some before the winter,although knowing Irish summers she'll probably need them by mid June:p
Sins

I don't, but if I had a girl, I probably would. There are some very cute girly doggie clothes out there!

Yes, my Ilsa is a fashion plate. She has sweaters, coats - including one fake fur with a lovely sequins trim. She also has two formal gowns, in my avatar you can see a bit of one of them, it's black velvet and gold. She gets quite cold in the winter and shivers a bit so I do think it's worth it. I've tried booties for the snow, ice and salt but she hated them and pulled them off her paws. Oh well.

Jen and Ilsa

I have never put any clothing on any of my dogs. There is something attractive though about some type of winter jacket if it would keep the snowballs off their fur. I couldn't ever imagine putting booties on them - imagine putting 16 booties (4 dogs) on every time they wanted to go out!!

I think my family would disown me if I tried to dress up the dogs. :(
They each have a coat for winter when it gets below 0 here though. That's as far as I'm allowed to go with clothing.

I think my family would disown me if I tried to dress up the dogs. :(
They each have a coat for winter when it gets below 0 here though. That's as far as I'm allowed to go with clothing.

I'm with you MoJ, my family would crucify me if I went out and bought loads of lovely things for my precious Anna. She does have a life jacket and 2 sweaters, one heavy and one light. That is about it, and I HAD to justify those to the fam. :mad: Maybe someday I'll get some more, just I also don't like all those frilly clothes. If it isn't usable or needed I don't really want it. Anna is aready beautiful enough, the only reason we put her in those is so that she can be warm and make the other dogs not feel so bad about themselves.icon_whistling

I'm guilty. I've told my daughter and son-in-law that this is what happens when I dont have grandchildren to dress up .......

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

We have a little rain jacket for rainy days, and they each have a fleece shirt for when we visit home in the snow. Other than that we don't put them in clothes.

Awww, Stacy those dresses are cute!!!

I admit I do dress Alice up on occasion. We got her really young at 6 weeks just b4 Christmas. It was cold + she was shivering = we got her a little sweater. :eek: ($7 at Walmart)
Then she hated the rain + hated getting wet = we got her a rain coat at Old Navy. (She hates it though = waste of $15 - I think they have them on clearance now a lot cheaper... of course! :x)
Then we found this really cute dress on clearance at Walmart, only $5, it was pink with 3 layers, she wore it everywhere while it fit her and got lots of compliments.... :D

We also hit the post Christmas jackpot at Walmart - Got Alice a Christmas sweater, fancy holiday dress and t-shirt - all for about $1.50 a piece, they were 75% off... ;) (Can't wait for Christmas!)
Then we got her a pink dress with little brown hearts and a brown ribbon bow post Valentines day at Petsmart for $3. The dress is still a bit big, I may just alter it a little, it drags on the ground a little...

Notice how I justify buying clothes for Alice by bragging about how little I paid for them??? :D I'm sure my family thinks I am crazy but Alice is my first little female dog and I am enjoying the cute little dresses!!! My Irish Setter has a pirate costume for Halloween & our local Pirate Festival, she also has a Fairy Princess costume, I actually bought that for my Goldendoodle, but she had a weird hot spot/foot infection at Halloween and couldn't go anywhere... You can see our family pics if you want at the website below, there are some pics of Alice and the reast of our herd, including some good ones of the Irish Setter, Ruby, in her Halloween duds...

http://thechanceyherd.shutterfly.com/

Tawna

Back