• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Riley's murmur is innocent!!

LauraD

Hello everyone,
Well, we went to UC Davis vet school on Monday to have Riley's heart murmur determined. They were just great over there, so thorough and kind. They examined him and then suggested doing an ultrasound, as his murmur is on the left side and rather loud. We definitely wanted them to do the work up and 2 hours later we finally had an answer.
Riley does indeed have an innocent flow murmur! They assured us that his heart is healthy and so are his valves and vessels, but he has the murmur because of the difference in growing rates of his heart and his aorta. So, it results in a "puppy murmur", but it won't affect his health. :w**h**:
We were so relieved, I can't even tell you. We were prepared to hear the worst and instead we heard the best (under the circumstances). Now we know our little guy will be with us for a long time to come! :lotsaluv:
My advice to anyone out there who has any health problems with their dog is this, if you are not satisfied with the answers you are being given, then do not give up seeking the right people to answer you. Had I known before, I would have gone to UC Davis a long time ago and I would have had my answers 2 months ago. Instead, I waited and agonized not knowing if my puppy was healthy. Not worth it! I highly recommend going to the place you believe to be the best and get the information that you need! Now I know i'll be the Cavalier owner I always wanted to be and I have my little Riley for good. We're so happy :D
Laura

BTW, Karlin I too love the new emoticons and i'm so glad the site is up and running again. Thank you for your hard work. But i just couldn't wait to tell the group my good news, and now i finally can. :rah:

Great news!!! I am so with you on finding out the answer sooner rather than later! I can't stand the suspense of not knowing and worrying. That was how I felt once I found out Jake's jawbone could be removed and the cancer along with it! I was sick for two weeks after his diagnosis and cried tears of relief once the surgery was done and was successful.

:mexwav:

This is such wonderful news and I know a huge weight off your shoulders. And I am glad you are finding the right emoticons to express your happiness too!! :lol:

I'm so happyp to hear this!!

I am so sorry I wasn't able to meet you Monday! I ended up having a ridiculously busy day but couldn't get a hold of you cause the board was down. :( Too bad. I'm sure Rory and riley would have loved celebrating the good news by playing together!!

:*nana: b*n*n*
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, such wonderful news.
What a load of weight of your shoulders. :w**h**:

Oh what a relief for your family!!! Now you won't be wondering every time you look at your little Riley is he healthy or not, now you know!!!! I am so pleased for you. :jump:
Julie and the girls

Thats really good news for a Monday morning (sorry guys didn't log in over the weekend as had to do my housework, ending up scrubbing the hallway floor boards and then couldn't move my arm.... :yikes

Back