• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

pumpkin

jill

hello everyone...

i remember reading on here at some point about putting a little pumpkin in with your dog's food.... i have a can of pure pumpkin in my pantry and i just wanted to make sure this was ok for them...

also are there any health benefits to feeding them pumpkin or does it just taste good for them??

thanks.

every day i read someone on cavaliertalk saying they give their dog pumpkin. I've often heard it recommended as helpful with either diarrhea or constipation. I tried it when i first got zack and he had a lot of bloody diarrhea. At first he seemed to like it but then he didn't, and refused to eat it. I didn't see any effect on the diarrhea, but lots of people have reported seeing a good effect. You're right to give the pure pumpkin--the advice i got was always to give the plain pumpkin, not the sweetened pie filling.

I recently started feeding Bentley about a teaspoon of pure canned pumpkin daily, he had a bout of loose stools and the canned pumpkin firmed up his stools right away. I hear it is also used to help with constipation too, so it seems that pumpkin is very beneficial.

what a coincidence.

I gave Nemo some leftover mash pumpkin (real stuff, not canned) last night and he gobbled it up like there was no tomorrow.

Back