• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Adult height and weight?

My Wesley

At what age to Cavaliers near their adult height and weight? At Wesley's 4 month appointment he was around 9lbs.

Thanks!

The two things I have heard regarding this are:

Adult males are often twice their 16 week weight

Male Cavs reach their full height usually by 1 year but can continue to fill out up to 2 or 2 1/2 years

I know both of these statements are knowledge gained from this board, but I am sure they are said with caveats....depends on littersize, parent size and each dog is different.

My two are at opposite ends of the spectrum - one is large, the other small. I agree, it all depends on genetics, etc. I don't think that there is one positive way to know how big or small your dog may be at full maturity. (Plus you have to add in such factors as diet, exercise.)

Your vet knows your dog; he/she may be able to give you a better idea. Or check with your breeder concerning what size the parents are.

Just a suggestion. 8)

It really does depend on the build. Daisy Boo weighs 12 pounds at 18 months old and Twinkle weighs 17 pounds at 14 months old. Neither is over or underweight and they would be fed about the same amount.

Joanna

Back