• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

acupuncture -- anyone tried it?

emmaK11

Has anyone tried acupuncture for their Cavalier?? Im considering trying it but wanted to get some opinions first. Thanks!!

Emmas Mom:paw:

It's one of the only complementary treatments that neurologists such as Dr Clare Rusbridge say can help some dogs with SM. Others report no benefit.

I have tried it myself and with my cavalier Ella who had SM. I saw the benefits of acupuncture from my own experience but I also felt it really benefited Ella. Acupuncture and SM is really interesting to read about with treatment of humans. Sometimes I visit human forums, especially when Ella was alive, to see what helped them. A lot of people said it helped but of course some said it didn't.

Bottom line, I think there are many benefits to acupuncture for different reasons.

Oscar has it for lower back pain. He has luxating Patella but it is Grade 1 - we think though where he compensates for his knees he is walking stiffly so he had 6 weekly treatments and now has it every 2/3 weeks. I was sceptical but it worked really well and he was so chilled out after each session. The problem is these little dogs hide their pain so well it is not always easy to tell how they are feeling.

Back