• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Have you noticed???

Kimmisue

Okay ...Have you noticed the words "What have you got?" Mean in dog ..Swallow Quickly!!

Or

Whats in your mouth??? Swallow Quickly!!!

:shock:
Dad was filling his pills and dropped a pill..cumadin(sp) Blood thinner..1 miligram

He called me in and there was Reggie crunching something... icon_yikes
That was a emergency call to the vet.

I did learn a lot ... They instructed me to give him a teaspoon of Hydrogen peroxide to induce vomitting right away. For 10 lbs.
We never found the pill and the vet told me that the quick response asured that he didn't get a large dose ..if infact he did get it..

What a night....but all is well..

Since ..he has learn all I have to do is question him and he swallows what he has .... icon_whistling icon_whistling Oh well....

I'm glad this all ended well! It's a reminder to me that I have been meaning to get hydrogen peroxide around the house or similar to cause vomiting. It is SO easy to drop something like a pill and they will scramble for it thinking it's a treat. Mine do know 'leave it' but not 'drop it'; like yours mine think any request to stop eating something (usually disgusting!) means 'eat as quickly as possible before she tries to pry it out'. :roll:

Oh Kimmisue,

I'm so glad it was OK too. What is it with these dogs? They are walking vacuum cleaners :x

Nowhere near as bad but last week I fed Maxx his usual dinner and was then dishing up for hubby and the kids. I dropped an oven chip on the floor - it was steaming hot. I said 'leave it' which he normally does, but it was too late. He'd already swallowed it. Twenty seconds later we heard the familiar grumbling and grunting and Maxx had thrown up about a weeks worth of food :cry:

Immediately he'd done that, he started to paw his dish again to tell me he was hungry :roll:

Yes we were very fortunate. Reggie knows "Off" but if it is in his mouth already like the pill was being eaten...forget it.
Yesterday we had people over and I saw Hoover (Reggie) pick something up.So there I am ..his mouth open shaking him ...to get him to drop it..then fingure in mouth prying it off his tounge.
Oh well.... The kitchen floor is clean :D

Back