• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dougall

Tania

Dougall has gone for an mri today. The last couple of weeks he has become hypersensitive, it is probably his cm but we need to check to make sure there is nothing else going on.

8466921509_1083ce67f2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dougall deciding which ball to take :)

Poor Dougal, I hope you can get his sensitivity under control Tania, fingers crossed that this is a blip and that there is nothing else going on for him. xx

Sorry you're having all this worry with Dougall and hope the MRI will show what is wrong so that you can treat it. It was great to see you on Sunday - see you at Crufts!

Kate, Oliver (who has lost his huge bandage and his foot is fine) and Aled

Collected Dougall and he is fine. There doesn't appear to be very much change. Dougall now has psom in both ears (only had it in one) The pain appears to be totally related to his cm. Will wait for the report for more detailed information, his ventricles might be a bit more dilated! We are going to increase his dose of Lyrica and put him back on Trocoxil.

hi
so sorry dougall is not well he is a beautiful boy
sending kisses and cuddles to dougall from louie and his mum

So sorry dougall is not feeling himself, when ruby had her scan last may, they said ruby had psom in both ears, which was no surprise, she could,nt hear at all, but now and then she has days when she seems to hear a little, it upset me initially, cos when i talked to her, she would constantly head tilt, as if she new what i was saying, now she communicates with me in other ways, you seem to get over one hurdle with them, then theres another, but i would,nt change it for the world, it helps to off load a little, let us know how things go, and i hope he feels better soon. Karen,Ruby and Sadie x

That's a great picture of Dougall with the ball - like he's trying to stuff the whole darn thing in his mouth. These poor babies go through so much. PSOM in both ears, CM/SM. At least they have loving owners live you Tania and Ruby has Karen. I hope the Lyrica helps even out his discomfort.

The plan early this evening was to take Bentley to the vet to have his anal glands checked, he has been giving his bum a funny look which looked a bit suspicous to me.

I was sorting out leads and I heard Dougall give out a few screams and yelps. He was trying to go up on his hind legs so his front paws were on Grahams lap! When I touched him
he continued to yelp. We whisked him to the vet, apart from showing this acute sensitivity in his back he displayed absolutely nothing. The vet has given him an injection of vetergesic
and I am to give his Tramadol tonight.

When we got home and parked, I didn't close the gates (which is something we always do as a rule) Dougall was plodding and moving so slowly and didn't think there was any risk. Graham lifted him out of the car gently and all of a sudden he took of, he legged it down the drive, turned left and dashed off !! When I finally caught up with him bearing in mind it was pitch black, he looked really pleased with himself! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Tonight we have had to lift him onto the sofa as clearly the action of jumping up or going up the stairs is causing him a considerable amount of discomfort.

I have had his report from Dr. Rusbridge. The mri has shown there is not any change apart from the psom!

You can't keep a good Cavalier down! And the older they get, the more wicked they get - if my Oliver's anything to go by. Think he might get on well with your Dougall as the Terrible Twins! Do hope you can get your boy's pain properly under control.

:hug:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back