• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shay [posting on behalf of his owner]

Nicki

Shay was given his wings yesterday

original.jpg

His breeder and owner, Debbie, very kindly allowed him to go to Edinburgh for his tissues to be harvested for the Cavalier Collection Scheme.

Last edited:
My husband and I enjoyed the pleasure of Shay's company on many occasions, he came here to visit quite a bit and I also looked after him at his own house. He was a beautiful dog, inside and out, and will be very sadly missed. One of those special dogs you just fall in love with :l*v:

His Mum was Fufu, who lived with us for the last couple of years of her life, so there is a connection there too.

Our thoughts are with Debbie at this sad time :flwr:

If you would like to know more about The Cavalier Collection Scheme then visit here
http://www.veterinary-neurologist.co.uk/collection.htm

although hard at the time, it is very comforting to know that the passing of your beloved companion was not in vain and that you have been able to help with research in such a positive way.

What a handsome chap.......it was very good of his owner to allow him to go to the collection scheme.

Bless him, he looks so lovely, I wish I had met him Thank you Debbie for being so generous by helping the future of our beautiful breed. We are all very grateful.

My thoughts are with you at this very sad time. :hug:

A beautiful tricolour Cavalier and a great owner.
This breed should not be lost. Cavaliers are so wonderful dogs.

Thank You Debbie, my thoughts are with you too :hug:

So sorry to hear that Shay has been given his wings. What a handsome fellow - his memory will be forever in your heart.

I'm very sorry to hear of his passing, please give my condolences to Debbie

Last edited:
What a beautiful boy, so sad...

and such a wonderful thing for his owner to do in her time of grief, please pass on my condolences.

I'm so sorry -- this will be such a hard time for Debbie but also for you and Trevor who would have had him as a visitor many times. I am glad that even during this sadness, he could become part of the cavalier collection scheme and help the breed. *ng*l

Thankyou everyone for your kind words and condolances on Shay's passing
Also thanks so much to Nicki for attatching his photo and starting his thread
Shay was a joy to live with ,a kind gentle little soul who bore his SM and MVD
courageously .I decided that i did not want Shay's passing to be in vain and contacted Margaret when his time was near whom very kindly arranged with Mr Jeff Culshaw (Edinburgh)for Shay to be pts through at their fascility.
I can honestly say that both i and Shay were treated with the uttmost consideration and compassion
Shay went to the bridge lying on his back on the floor with both Mr Culshaw and myself tickling his tummy (the most prized thing in his word ) his tail wagging and fearless he left me as he had lived quietly and with dignity .Night night little man sleep well

Please support the collection scheme

Debbie

Back