• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rudee

Claire L

Rudee Lindsay 24/01/1994 – 19/10/2006

We watched you playing with your brother, in Trim in ’94.
You rubbed Claire’s leg with your wee head – you needed to do no more.
Your little furry body fitted, completely in her hand –
and a love was born that those without could never understand.

We took you down to Sutton beach, most every chance we got;
splashing in the summer pools for pinkeens never caught.
Swimming bravely through the waves retrieving little sticks,
which ended hidden in the rough up on the golfing links.

The morning walks along the beach with Joan and other friends;
with treats for all the local dogs – why did it have to end.
Your constant vigil at the cooker, as dinner was prepared;
your focused eyes, your pleading whine – “I’m starving, don’t you care?”

The vets, the tabs, the aches and pains – the time and money spent;
it kept you well for us to love and was worth the final cent.
You gave us 12 fulfilling years and we have no regrets,
broken-hearted missing you – we never will forget……

100-0082_IMG-1.jpg
[/img]

Love you Rudeepoohs xxxx

Last edited:
What a lovely tribute to a beautiful, sweet and obviously well loved friend. *ng*l

I hope you are doing well as you deal with your loss.

Your tibute is wonderful and it brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling right now, but sooner or later we will all feel it and it really helps to know that there are so many friends to provide support. This forum is a wonderful place and we are all behind you and giving you all our prayers and thoughts of happiness and support.

You will feel better. I promise.

What a beautiful poem and a fitting tribute to a wonderful cavalier. I hope you are doing well, thinking of you at this sad time. :flwr:

Claire - that was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes as I read it. What a wonderful tribute. It's so great to read about a Cavalier who had 12 lovely years and was loved to complete fullness. In time your heart will heal but Rudee will always have her special place there.

oh claire, love,

what a beautiful poem. I had tears running down my eyes the whole way through. The love that you show for your little girl is just captivating to me. I really hope I can provide Kosmo with all of the love and care that you show rudee. You are such a wonderful person claire - I am so sorry. I have no words I can say to take your pain away, but please know that I think about you each and every day and I send warm and positive thoughts. If I were closer to you, God knows I would be banging on your door every chance I got to give you big hugs. Take some time for yourself - when you need a hand or a shoulder to cry on, you know where to find us all. :hug:

Claire, what a lovely tribute to your beloved girl. :lotsaluv:

I hope you will some day give your love to another like her, then she will live forever. *ng*l

Run free, sweet Rudee!

Claire, that was a beautiful poem. :(

One comforting thought in times like this is to know that you have a little doggie angel that will always watch over you and be on your side *ng*l

Take care :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

There aren't words to tell you just how beautiful those words are...they came from your heart.

Healing after the loss times time, cherish the special memories that you have.
Be gentle to yourself. :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Thats a very beautiful and fitting tribute for such a gorgeous girl.

Thank you for sharing

Take care :flwr:

What lovely words Claire from the heart and soul - you were both so lucky to have each other... :flwr:

Claire that was really beautiful. I've been thinking of you and hope you're looking after yourself and starting to feel a little better.
:flwr:

Claire that is such a wonderful tribute, thank you for sharing with us :flwr: :flwr:

You are in our thoughts and prayers, its' wonderful that you had 12 years with Rudee but so hard to say goodbye...

I hope that horrid raw pain is easing a little now and you will be able to look back and remember some of the happier times.

Rudee was loved by everyone who saw her photo on here, she is an inspiration to us all.

Look after yourself, take time to grieve and know that we are alll here for you.

Dear Sweet Claire

As I read your tribute to Rudee my heart broke, the words written are just beautiful.
I am just so so sorry for your pain.
May time ease your sorry.

Thinking of you now and then and forever more :hug:

{{{{{{{{Claire}}}}}}}} I am sitting here in tears reading your lovely poem to your darling Rudeepoohs.

The way you showed her so much love was, I'm sure, repaid to you ten fold :l*v:

I'm sure that wherever you may be in your life, your Rudee will always be near you, watching over you and loving you.

Take care Claire and give yourself time for your heart to heal. I hope one day, you'll find another little dog to share some of that love with xxxxx

That's a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. Thinking of you.

~Lisa, Holly and Chloe.

Back