• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shaking like he's cold and irregular heartbeat

xoxHannaHxox

Hi everyone a couple of times when Charlie is drifting off to sleep I've noticed his body quivers like he's cold. Hes doing it now as he breathes in. He can't be cold as he is curled up with me. What could this be?

Also I am so paranoid that I sometimes listen to his heartbeat when he's sleeping. It sounds irregular like a "glub glub glubglub.....glub glub...."

I was very worried but then aren't murmurs more of a "glub glub woosh glub glub woosh" ?

:(

Twitching is normal, as the brain goes to sleep there can be some random firing of motor neurons.

The heart sounds are also normal (doctors use lub-dub...lub-dub as the sounds). You wouldn't be able to hear a slight murmur unassisted though, I'm assuming you are just putting your ear against his chest?

Twitching is normal, as the brain goes to sleep there can be some random firing of motor neurons.

The heart sounds are also normal (doctors use lub-dub...lub-dub as the sounds). You wouldn't be able to hear a slight murmur unassisted though, I'm assuming you are just putting your ear against his chest?

I agree . Most of the time slight twitching while sleeping is normal. They fall into their REM sleep and (dream). They may even act like they are running w/ their legs, wagging their tails and everything. I guess without really seeing it for ourselves it would be hard to know it this was actual twitching or spasms.
When you describe he quivers...is this more like his body is shaking ? Sometimes a dog will do into an epileptic seizure.
It might be best to make a Vet appt. and have him checked out.
In most cases..it is probably just that your pup is dreaming.

hi
when my louie sleeps in front of the fire he will kick his back legs out
and i love to watch him when he his dreaming he blows his check's out

Sonny used to do this when he was a baby. I thought I had posted about it but I can't find the thread.... I was really worried that there was something wrong with him, but eventually he outgrew it and doesn't do that anymore when he sleeps.

Hi everyone a couple of times when Charlie is drifting off to sleep I've noticed his body quivers like he's cold. Hes doing it now as he breathes in. He can't be cold as he is curled up with me. What could this be?

Also I am so paranoid that I sometimes listen to his heartbeat when he's sleeping. It sounds irregular like a "glub glub glubglub.....glub glub...."

I was very worried but then aren't murmurs more of a "glub glub woosh glub glub woosh" ?

:(

Fletcher does this too, I being the nut I am even record a video on my phone to show my vet. I got more that one time, I showed to vet 3 different videos she said Fletcher is fine and that is "normal" the shaking part anyway. I don't know about the heartbeat thing tho. Again I'm crazy but I really wanted to know he was alright. I wish I could post the videos here for you to see but I'm a tech doedoe :)

Melissa

Melissa

HAHAAAA perfect example look what I just posted!!!!!!! I laugh at myself sometimes too much.

Last edited:
Back