• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Worried about Chrissie

george108

Poor Chrissie had a really bad night last night. She vomited continously and my oh brought her to the vet early this morning. Chrissie is on preds and antibiotics for a suspected allergy but she's still scratching (not as much) and is also whipping around quickly to bite at her tail area (also her side is still VERY pink in colour). The vet said it could be a nuerological problem but can't be sure at this stage. We're changing her food to Royal Canin sensitivity so we're hoping the vomiting is just an upset tummy. Her temperature and poop are normal. The vet has slightly reduced the preds and gave her a shot to stop the vomiting but she has vomited twice since she got home. My oh is bringing her back to the vet if it happens again but thankfully she seems to be settling. She also has to have small amounts of water through a syringe. Can anyone shed any light on any of this for me? I know it's all over the place but the poor little girl is going through a rough time. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Just my personal opinion but, I would say she should be fasting. Keep giving her water and get the advice of a second vet.

Thanks guys. She's snuggled up at home and hasn't vomited since so fingers crossed.

Pauline he is the second vet! :) We went for a second opinion for the allergies. If we keep this up we'll run out of vets! Also she is fasting and just takes small amounts of water through the syringe. Hopefully she can keep the water down as she was throwing the water back up earlier. Poor little girl! :-(

Back