• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Great Oaks from little acorns grow

Margaret C

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/01-Front-Cover

Two years ago it would have been unthinkable that the KC would stop any BOB or Champion from automatically taking their award

Only 15 problem breeds will face a vet check before being awarded their Champion crown, but hopefully this is the start of a process that will eventually see health rated as highly as beauty in all breeds

I look forward to the day that cavalier owners have to submit all the relevant health certificates before they make up a champion.

It's an excellent start and I think the Kennel Club should be applauded for finally heading in the right direction - but I so wish it had been extended to cover ALL breeds [most especially our beloved Cavaliers]

These are all thinks that judges should actually be aware of anyway - and surely if a dog is limping, they should be immediately disqualified anyway?

Nicki wrote: surely if a dog is limping, they should be immediately disqualified anyway?

Don't you believe it! I went to a big Championship show last year and one of the Cavalier class winners had terrible movement - he couldn't flex his hindlegs and push off with them at all, but 'titupped' round the ring. My friend and I looked at each other and murmured 'Patellas!' - but he still came first, and the judge was a well-respected breeder.

Good for the KC on this one - it's at least a start, and a huge step forward for them.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back