• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

First Aid Kit?

Autaven

Tell me if this has been posted already as I did have a look around but maybe I missed it.
Does everyone have a first aid kit? I'm just attempting to putting two together (one for home, one for in the car) and wondered what everyone had in there's. So far I'm thinking;

Scissors
Tweezers
Syringes
Gloves
Nail clippers
Sterile gauze
Adhesive tape
Bandages
Some towels
Eye drops (though could someone in the UK tell me which one is best for dogs?)
Cotton wool
Something to induce vomit (again, which in the UK are best?)
Some dog socks (for covering up wounds)
Contact numbers of vets/family etc

Of course all of this is simply first aid and a vet should be contacted. But what with us going camping and such in summer I thought it would be best to have on us just encase. I work in the hospital and have ALS and only now realised I don't have one for my dogs - such a bad owner!

I love vet wrap (sticks to itself, but not to fur) in most cases over adhesive tape.

Add a honey stick or packet of honey, this is a must for diabetic dogs, but good to have just in case.

For whatever you use as an emetic: tape a dosage reminder onto your kit box/bag. I like to have it listed as both as:

X ml for "dog name"
and
X ml/kg of dog

That way if you if are ever assisting someone else, you can easily dose correctly for their dog. But you won't need to calculate for your own pet.

Back