• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scooby in at the vets

smarsden99

We had to rush scooby down to the vets this morning as his chest has filled up and he was in distress..... They have put him on an IV drip of diuretics and keeping him in for today to monitor his progress...... Rang the vets earlier and he is comfortable just sat in his kennel watching the world pass by.....

Will let you know how he gets on.....

SHaron and scooby XXX

Wow...this thread is just an amazing tail of one strong little dog.

I am thinking you and will go to sleep tonight saying a prayer for Scooby. x

Poor Scooby!

You are both having such a challenging time these days. I am so sorry to hear he is off the vet again.

So sorry to hear this Sharon :( Our thoughts are with you and precious Scooby x

I'm going to move today's posts across into a new thread.

Read your previous posts and Scooby sounds an incredible dog :) wishing you all the best and hope scooby gets better and gets all that fluid of his chest.
Thinking of you.
lucinda & murphy xxx

Scooby is back home tonight

Hi,

Thank you all for your kind words....

We picked scooby up at 5.30pm tonight , his chest is a bit clearer and hes had 3 doses of diurectics during the day....... He is very thirsty and very tired after spending day at vets but hes asleep on the rug in the living room as I write this update.

Hes back at the vets again first thing so will update you again tommorow.

Hugs

Sharon and Scooby XXX

Fantastic news!! Give him a gentle cuddle from all of us x

He will be very thirsty after all the diuretics.

Hope it goes well tomorrow.

We think of you often as well, just the other day I was wondering about how he was doing... was going to ask for an update. Scooby is a Super Trooper! Bless him and you.

Update after this morning's vet visit

Hi,

Scooby went to the vets first thing and he listened to scooby's chest and thankfully his chest is clearer , it looks like the intensive treatment he got at the vets yesterday has given him some relief......

He is back home with me today and fast asleep on the rug in the living room and his breathing is nice and slow and steady.....

Looks like we have bought a little more time.... Fingers crossed.....

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts it means so much to me and scooby.... XXX

That's really great news - sounds like the treatment really helped.

Hope his chest stays clear for a bit longer this time.

Scooby is lucky to have such a caring and dedicated family x

Back