• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello From Florida

Tizzo

Hi all, My name is Tara Izzo- hence the "Tizzo". I have 2 cavaliers. Beau is a tri and he is stuffed animal cute! And Charly (yeah I know, original) is a ruby, however he does have a bit of white on his nose, chin and chest- we thought it made him especially cute so we had to have him. I was googling the topic of smelly tears when I ran across this forum. The eye issue has been temporarily resolved thanks to an antibiotic we put in his eyes, but after the treatment, the stench will come back after about 6 weeks so we go thru it all again. (Doc said its not yeast, but... something that made me think of coccyx). Anyway, Here are pics of my pups.
Screenshot2011-09-08at111011AM.png

IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_5223.jpg

icon_welcome, Your pups are adorable!

One of mine had smelly eye issues. Turned out to be diet related. Since switching to a grain free food his eyes no longer water. If he happens to get ahold of a treat or something with grains in it his eyes start to water again. He has to be kept on a completely grain free diet but his eyes no longer water. When his eyes would water a lot it would cause bacteria to grow, making it smell.

Beau would get small red dry patches on his legs and underside, so we switched our food to one called Organix. The spots completely went away, but as far as I know he does still have grain in that food. Which food do you use, or do you make your own?

Oh hey and one more question, does your username mean that your also into reptiles? This past August my Charlie had gotten bit- 3 times by a water moccasin! I am going to post a thread with day to day and week to week recovery pics, but I figured I'd give you a heads up if your into that kinda stuff.
It has gotten me to learn much about snakes! So now I'm always on the hunt for them to take pics.

Hi and welcome! We are originally from Florida, not missing the heat. LOL Your babies are gorgeous!

Thanks for the welcome all!
And Kim, I actually moved here FOR the heat, lol... I'm almost always cold. :)

LOL well you know, the grass is always greener on the other side. Having lived there most of my life I couldn't wait to see snow and cold weather. :eek:

Very true. I'm originally from Ohio and I get sad when I visit and I don't get to play in the snow. Wouldn't wanna live there again, but I do look forward to sled riding. :)

Hi and icon_welcome
Your little ones are adorable! I love the curly ears and Charly's little moustache, soooooo cute!

Hi Tizzo,
I also live in FL. There are barely any other Cavs here. I live in Miami. Do you live close? I have a 9 month old cav named Max. We would love other Cavs to play with!

Back