• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My boy cocked his leg!!!

msunter

Hi All :jmp: :jmp2:

I know this might sound a silly and boring post, but I just wanted to share with all of you guys Our 23 week old pup Rio (tri) cocked his leg at a lampost today for the first time and peed !!!!:jump: :w**h**:

Mum took him out this morning on a walk round the corner and he just started to slightly lift it then get higher she said he had this confused look on his face as if to say "Why am I doing this and not squatting????" :rotfl: :lpy:

Then tonight I took him for a short trip to Granny and Grandad's :lol: :dgwlk: and he cocked his leg all the way at each corner of a wall or lampost we passed, marking all the way it was so weird not to see him sqaut !

I praised him to the hilt :D cl*p :rah: as did the whole family when we got home. Granny and Grandad were very pleased with their "hairy" grandson so they gave him a Bakers Munchy Morsel :)

Now this means our little poppet man is growing up and no longer a puppy :cry*ing: :cry*ing:

Thanks for sharing

Love
Melissa, Family :lotsaluv: and of course.....RIO :paw:

(y) P.S. Karlin, Guys.....Thanks for all the info on the books on Ian Dunbar have ordered them and Rio's behaviour is so much better now that we have read the recommended links etc and spiced up his meals with salmon, tuna, chicken etc and no growling or snapping at us when moving him off the couch anymore !!! :thnku:

Congratulations! :mexwav: :mexwav:

Hope you realize that you'll never have a quick walkies again... :lol: :lol:

Glad to hear that Rio knows who's boss! :flwr:

Melissa your joy is not silly at all. I felt the same way when Tucker "lifted" his leg. I thought he might never do it then all of a sudden I saw him do it. I felt proud. I had a "My little boy is growing up" moment.

That is the cutiest subject line I have ever read!! What a good boy :jump: You won the prize for making me smile and laugh the most today!

:lol: Congratulations big man!! I remember the first time Wesley did it. He had never done it before, I think he learned it at the dog park. He too seemed so confused that he tried to lift his leg to poo :rotfl:

Congratulations!!! And Zippy is so right ... Lucky just started lifting his leg recently ... He doesn't do it consistently yet, but once he started (7 months) he has to pee at least 4-6 times on every single walk!! I sometimes get tempted to cut the walk short but rarely do because I want to make sure he's really "empty" icon_whistling

That's funny!! The boy has become a man.

I still laugh at the time one of our puppy people brought her 12 month old boy over for dog sitting while she was out of the country and asked if we could teach him to lift his leg. We thought being around our boy would help him get it. We were not successful :lol: They do it in their own time.

Duncan has yet to get there (almost 2 years old) and Arthur is following his brother....maybe mine will never lift their legs. They are only around femals dogs (for some reason very few of our friends have males) so maybe they just don't know there is another way to go about it.

LOL I thought Maxx would never lift his leg and he didn't until we got another little fella come to stay - then he did it all the time!

Charlie however, at almost 3 still doesn't lift his leg :roll:

oh congrats to you both! :rah:

it's definately a big moment---rio is becoming a little man and you'll always remember his first little leg hike ;-)

indy's first leg hike with me (the very first was with his daddy---a special moment for the two boys i suppose) was into a neighbour's flowers....ahh the memories!

keep an eye on rio from now on....they are never *quite* the same after that.....

icon_whistling
k

The first time Gus lifted his leg cracked me up because he wobbled a bit and then walked of like "I meant to do that!" They are pretty funny!

Back