• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier King Charles male puppy conflict with 18 month bitch.

RC91

Recently introduced 18 month bitch to a 8 week puppy to act as a play mate for her when we're not present. The bitch has been spoiled and is very needy therefore the introduction of puppy in what she shes as her house made her sulk and look heartbroken for which i feel guilty for.
The puppy is at a stage where he is fascinated by everything but has settled well in that he minds his own business with regards to the older dog. Our bitch likes to sniff the puppy constantly, i feel like he is to young to submit? When this happens the puppy chases and starts to nip. Their are periods of barking between the two.
I just wanted tips on how to improve the situation. If this is common or are these two just not compatible.

im no expert and can only make general comments, the pup minding his own buisness is good many pups harass older dogs.
the barking and nipping is likely to be play with me?
i feel the sniffing is also good as then become more familar with other.
im sure there are more experinced and knowledgable who wil have advice.

Back