• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Babies

fuzzie bear

Picked Buster (1 year) from the rescue centre in Kilkenny yesterday (puppy rescue) and then got Ruby (10 weeks) on my way home.

Have never had active cavaliers before - my other 2 are immune to toys, only like treat balls as they're food related... lol

These two LOVE playing and i love it too !

Buster1.jpg

Buster2.jpg

Buster3.jpg

Buster4.jpg

Ruby1.jpg

Ruby2.jpg

Ruby3.jpg

Ruby4.jpg

Wonderful photos - sounds like you have a housefull now!!!

Thank you so much for adopting a rescue Cavalier - it's great that he wants to play, sounds like they are both settling well already.

Aha! This answers my question on your other post in the general section. Woohoo, you got the tri boy! He is really handsome. And you got the ruby pup on the same day!!! Bet that tri boy is delighted with his new home where he has an instant playmate as well.

Great pictures and aren't you the lucky one??!! Two in one day!! Buster is quite handsome and from his position on the couch I'd say he's settled in very nicely!! :D And as far as Ruby, oh my gosh, how precious!!

They've both settled in really well considering we've only had them for a day !

The only thing is they both howl at nightime (all night) - so to get them used to us quickly, I did a bold thing last night and brought them to bed ! Needless to say, they didn't want to sleep on their beds on the floor - they wanted us to sleep on the floor and them have the bed... lol

Its seems that they are both housetrained already as there hasn't been a sign of any widdles at night time !

Well here's a BIG secret -- I think most of us sleep with our cavaliers!! :lol: :lol:

Did you find out much from Brenda about Buster's life before?

BTW folks these dogs are so lucky -- Fuzzie Bear runs a fabulous mail order petshop in Ireland so these dogs will get to test ALL the new toys and treats!! :lol: Mine already want to know if they can move in with you...

Fuzzie Bear's site: http://www.pet-bliss.com

She has great cat furniture too -- very hard to find this and at such good prices anywhere in Ireland or the UK (online in UK anyway -- I searched forever and could not find the type of tall cat tree I wanted but Pet Bliss has them... icon_banana

I didn't find much out about him. I know he was around kids and other dogs. He came with a toothbrush, so he must have been well looked after. Its quite sad circumstances how he came about....

Only thing about them sleeping in the bed is that I kept rolling over last night and hearing a squeal - I was rolling onto Ruby and shes only tiny ! She doesn't have the sense yet to get out of the way.... lol

At the moment, they have loved ALL the toys I've given them.. in particular the sun in the fun set that comes with a frisbee, tug, squeaky dumbell and ball on a rope. Buster loves the squeaky toys... he barks everytime he squeaks it - very cute. Ruby loves the rope of the ball on the rope although shes taken a liking to the corner of the sofa even more... lol

You can send Jasper and Leo over for a holiday anytime... lol

Great photos, fancy getting two in one day :D :D You must be over the moon. Hey we sleep with our two as well, however its a fight for the pillows every night!

Grima please don't worry about your English, you are doing brilliantly :D

How many of us know even a single word of your language? :oops: :(

Fuzzie bear, looks like your new babies are settling in beautifully - they are so lucky to have all the new toys to try out. How is the house training going?

LOL at Karlin - I confess that Rupert sleeps with us most nights too - he does have access to a crate, which he sometimes sleeps in, but we leave it up to him.

TeddyEdward and Peaches sleep in a crate next to the bed - Peaches had to be crate rested following surgery, and this allowed me to get her used to sleeping in one again.

I can't cope with all three up on the bed - they take up too much room! but they do come up for a while before we settle down at night, and again in the morning. If it's cold, Peaches likes to get IN to bed with us!

Gorgeous! Congratulations! what a lovely dog to end up in rescue! I wonder what happened??

Here in the US we don't have as many dogs in rescue and most of them come from puppy mills or other siimilar situations. It seems like there are more Cavs in rescue across the pond, probably owing to their greater popularity!

Well Buster certainly looks to have settled in and judging by the fact that they are now in the bedroom this pair look to have you weighed up alright!
My solution to not squishing a puppy was to put it up on the pillow, it's still there eleven years later :lol: although with a much cleaner face than he presents on my avatar!

Those two will grow to be great pals and are both very lucky, bless you for taking on a rescue.
Warm wishes,
Ruth

Well Buster certainly looks to have settled in and judging by the fact that they are now in the bedroom this pair look to have you weighed up alright!
My solution to not squishing a puppy was to put it up on the pillow, it's still there eleven years later :lol: although with a much cleaner face than he presents on my avatar!

Those two will grow to be great pals and are both very lucky, bless you for taking on a rescue.
Warm wishes,
Ruth

Isabella doesn't sleep with us....we prefer she sleep in her crate as she always has...she tends to get excited in the night and I don't want a 3am lick attack :)

You are so lucky to get such beautiful dogs . I want to adopt i am from Sligo . Do you know who i would get in contact with.

Back