• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Confused about dental hygiene product?

pippa

Hi,

I was looking on the bestpet website and came across 'Aquadent'.

I have read here that some people use it (Brian?) and was going to purchase some to give my three in their water. To add to their dental routine which at the moment is just logic gel daily.

What confuses me is the ingredients :

Purified water, Chlorhexidine digluconate at 0.049%, xylitol, glycerine, dydroxymethylcellulose gum, polysorbate 20, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, extract of barley malt.

As you can see it contains xylitol, I thought this was dangerous for dogs even in small amounts?

This contains a very low dose - you would need to give them 50 times the recommended dose for it to be toxic, so you are quite safe giving it.

Hi

PAH also do their own variety.but theres nothing better than toothebrush and paste and a good brush of their teeth and dont forget the link between bad teeth and heart disease . :)

Thanks Brian I use the logic gel on a toothbrush and brush as well as they'll let me :)

I just wanted to add to their dental hygiene routine as they are all getting older.

Back