• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dogworld - Companion Cavalier King Charles Club

It all sounds too good to be true. I cannot imagine a non-conformation breed club having standing with a national kennel club. At the very least, once it gets set up and its feet on the ground, it will either drive the UK cavalier club nuts or it will keep that club honest about the genetic health issues.

But, even now, compared to the two national cavalier clubs in the USA, the UK cavalier club is outstanding regarding genetic health. Can you imagine a national breed club refusing to acknowledge the existence of either the MVD or SM breeding protocol? Can you imagine a national breed club making up phony breeding protocols for MVD?

Well, that is what we have to put up with over here: two completely irresponsible cavalier breed clubs regarding genetic health. And, I cannot think of any issue more vital to the protection of the breed than genetic health. Obviously, the leadership of those two clubs do not agree with that position.

It all sounds too good to be true. I cannot imagine a non-conformation breed club having standing with a national kennel club. .

We may be in for a long haul as the new club will not comply with all the KC rules. We may in the end fail, but the continuing existence of the club will not depend on KC recognition, and failure to be registered will not make the companion club any the less helpful to owners of pet cavaliers.

But, even now, compared to the two national cavalier clubs in the USA, the UK cavalier club is outstanding regarding genetic health.
Can you imagine a national breed club refusing to acknowledge the existence of either the MVD or SM breeding protocol? Can you imagine a national breed club making up phony breeding protocols for MVD?

Well, that is what we have to put up with over here: two completely irresponsible cavalier breed clubs regarding genetic health. And, I cannot think of any issue more vital to the protection of the breed than genetic health. Obviously, the leadership of those two clubs do not agree with that position.

The sad thing is that it is only when 'troublemakers' and 'whistleblowers' make these facts public that things start to change. It would not be necessary if the breed clubs put the welfare of the dogs first.

Back