• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Growing old

pippa

Gus went for his last cartrophen injection in a course of 4 (one per week).

He is doing very well. The vet told us she would recommend he have them once a month now to keep the disc degeneration as stable as possible.

She said he can use the stairs again in a week though not to excess.
She listened to his heart again, and again said how surprised she is to see a cavalier with such a good heart and lungs, she said his heart sounds perfect,( she was the one that noticed Pippin's murmur and arranged his ECG and doppler scan last year).

She hugged Gus, smiled and told him we will get to see him grow old:D He is 10 and 4 months now.

I am so pleased to get good news and have something to look forward to with him.

Last edited:
Thanks Shirley, I am pleased for Gus:)

Pippin is due his check-up in July and that's another story, but he seems to be ok at the moment on meds so I will try relax till then..

So happy for Gus and what a lovely and caring vet you have. Keeping fingers crossed that all stays well for Pippin at his next visit.

Hi

Well done to the both of you ,what great good news for you two and what a lovely comment to a dedicated
loving Cavalier owner and her Cavalier .We should have a good news thread starting with your post to put a big
smile on our faces and warmth in all our hearts .

Hi

Well done to the both of you ,what great good news for you two and what a lovely comment to a dedicated
loving Cavalier owner and her Cavalier .We should have a good news thread starting with your post to put a big
smile on our faces and warmth in all our hearts .

Great idea Brian :)

Hi

Good so can Pippa start a Cavalier Good News thread pls and repeat her post up top to start it all off and lets say one
rule only and that is is what it says Cavalier Good News Stories ,so over to Pippa .

Thanks:) Have started another thread as requested by Brian:) So maybe someone could close this one and transfer replies to save confusion? Please

Back