• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Todd, I am sorry

gentess1

I just don't know where to start, I don't know how to think anymore. My Todd passed away on the operating table on Tuesday evening. He was 2, and I have never felt pain like this before. I still can't come to say anymore at this moment, hopefully in a few more days I can add more, and even a picture of him.

I'm so sorry to hear this.I can only imagine the emotions you're feeling right now.
But no matter what,please don't be so hard on yourself.It's just the suddenness of his passing and the pain of his loss that makes you feel this way.It's not your fault,he was having problems and not enjoying a fair quailty of life and you made a decision in good faith to try and restore him to health.
We'd have done the same...
you have our support and our deepest sympathy on losing your boy.
Sins

So very sorry for your losing Todd. It's not your fault at all, you made a decision to help him and he put his faith in you to do so. Please don't be so hard on yourself. We're here for you!

Oh my lord I am so so sorry for your loss . My heart goes out to you at this awful, awful time:hug:

I am so so sorry to hear your very sad news. It is never easy when we make these decisions but it has to be done and anyone else would do exactly the same. So please please dont beat yourself up about it. In time you will remember how much joy and happiness Todd gave you and his memories will stay forever in your heart.:flwr::hug:

Hopefully you can see my changed picture. It should be of the most beautiful, clever, loyal, loving, protective, gentle, brave little boy in the world, xxxx sleep tight son xxx we all miss you

I'm so very sorry for your loss of little Todd. It is very painful to lose a beloved family member. You are welcome to cry on our shoulders; many of us have been through similar situations and know how devastating it is to suddenly lose a young cavalier. :( My heart goes out to you. :hug:

This is a copy of a poem Nicki sent me when my 2-year-old cavalier died. I hope you find some comfort in it as I did:

PoemUp-1.jpg

I, too, am sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet Todd. It is heartbreaking to lose any beloved pet, especially one so young.
Cathy, that poem is lovely. Treasure the memories of all the happy times that you shared with Todd. He will be waiting for you at the Bridge, with his tail wagging.

Peace,
J.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Todd at such a young age. Please remember that you were doing your best to help him and remember him with all your love. Although I have lost several dog companions, they were much older. I really can only guess at how you must feel. Please stay in touch as everyone will try to help you through this trying time.

Heather R

I am so sorry. I know it's hard not to feel guilty for making the choice to operate, but you made the choice with the best information you had and wanting the best for Todd. I know it was hard to see him going downhill again. Treasure his memory always. Run like the wind Todd!

I'm so sorry about Todd. We don't expect this in a young dog.

Sending you cyberhugs :hug:

i am also really sorry to hear about your loss. Don't be hard on yourself, its not your fault, you were looking after him in the best possible way, trying to get his troubles sorted. We all would have done the same thing. All we ever want is the best life for our dogs, which is what you were doing. :hug: to you and your family.

It is so hard when you feel that you have not said goodbye properly. I have had it happen to me, and I felt so guilty.

You tried so hard to make Todd well again. He could not have gone on the way he was. He was greatly loved, and you took expert advice and did the best you could for him.

Cuddle your other little dogs and take care of yourself. We are all thinking of you.

A heart felt thanks to all those who have sent such kind supportive messages. I won't bring him back, but it has helped a little. I have come home to my memorys, and loads of glossy pictures which I have had a cry over. Been to talk to him in the garden which he loved, the neighbours must think I am mad, thankfully they know. Thanks again

It breaks my heart reading about Todd; God only knows how you must be feeling.
Loosing Todd at such a young age makes it so hard but like everybody else said you done the best for him and it’s not your fault.
Thinking of you and sending lots of :hug:

Back