• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sonny's First Anniversary

merello

Today is the first anniversary of Sonny getting his wings. In some ways it feels like an eternity since I last cuddled him but the pain feels as bad as the day he lost his battle with MVD.

SonnyDoubler-1-1.jpg

He came to us when he was about 2 after not a very good start in life and he was just the best little companion you could ever imagine - a real mummy's boy. :)

The eight years he shared with us were wonderful and he has left us so many memories. Paul posted a tribute at The Dog pages forum just after he was PTS which kind of says it all.

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=219504

It's been a teary weekend, one look at his photos and I'm off again but we'll remember him today as we do every day with all our love and be grateful for the love, companionship and loyalty he shared with us.
Sonny.jpg

Sonny, my little man, you were simply the best.

Last edited:
I feel your pain, I had to give my Bonnie her wings on Thursday due to liver failure...the pain is so raw at the moment & I miss her so much! I haven't stopped crying since Wednesday when the vet said he couldn't do anymore & it was now time to let her go ;(

I'm sure Sonny & Bonnie are running free & waiting for us at Rainbow Bridge...

Thinking of you, Carol, and understanding your heartache. We all know from your previous posts just how very special Sonny was to you.

Hold extra tight to Kayley today - Cavalier cuddles are the best thing for mending broken hearts :l*v:

lindylou

thinking of you at this sad time one yr on and the pain is just as bad .
sam blenheme, sam tri, rowley blenhem, at the bridge

Much empathy for you, there is not a day goes past that I do not think of my two, the hurt for my Tobydug is still bad two years on.

i'm so sorry Carol - you know that you, Paul and Elise are all in our thoughts. the 1st anniversary is particularly hard but I'm glad that you could look at the photos and remember the happy times through the tears.

Thinking of you all with our love x

Back