• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Future of the Kennel Club Accredited Breeders Scheme and Puppy Breeding.

Future of the KCABS and Puppy Breeding

Yes Bet I have read it.
The Kennel Club
and its at this address
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/3062

I don't know what to make of it,is the Kennel Club's Statement going to improve the Health and Welfare of Dogs.

Will the new Independant Advisory Council be the answer to the Breeding of Dogs and their Health Problems here in Britain, is the KC just a wee bit scared of this happening ,and the control of this be being taken from the KC.

Bet

Future of the KCABS and Puppy Breeding.

I don't know what to make of it,is the Kennel Club's Statement going to improve the Health and Welfare of Dogs.

Will the new Independant Advisory Council be the answer to the Breeding of Dogs and their Health Problems here in Britain, is the KC just a wee bit scared of this happening ,and the control of this be being taken from the KC.

Bet

Maybe I am out of order mentioning this , but have just read a Comment on the CC List, and had to say what a Death Wish it was !!!!

Most Depressing.

"The Independent Inquiry into Dog Breeding identified the Kennel Club Accredited Breeder Scheme as the best in the UK for monitoring the breeding and welfare standards of breeders."

Actually that's not true.. .........A load of KC spin as usual.

"The Kennel Club’s Accredited Breeder Scheme places a great emphasis on responsible breeding – and it is these overall standards and principles that the Kennel Club wants to make a mandatory requirement for all breeders. ."

They could refuse to register puppies from parents that are not health tested......... but they don't.

"The Independent Inquiry into Dog Breeding identified the Kennel Club Accredited Breeder Scheme as the best in the UK for monitoring the breeding and welfare standards of breeders."

Actually that's not true.. .........A load of KC spin as usual.

"The Kennel Club’s Accredited Breeder Scheme places a great emphasis on responsible breeding – and it is these overall standards and principles that the Kennel Club wants to make a mandatory requirement for all breeders. ."

They could refuse to register puppies from parents that are not health tested......... but they don't.

I really do wonder why some of the Cavalier Breeders think that they have not been involved in the MVD Problem in Cavaliers being as bad as it is.

They were were told 27 years ago by Dr P.Darke ,the UK CKCS CLUB'S Cardiologist, after he had carried Heart Surveys at CKCS Members' Shows, that this was a Serious and Widespread Problem Afflicting the Cavalier Breed.

I would think that some of the most Vocal of To-days' Cavalier Breeders who claim that they have been Cavalier Breeders for many ,many years ,would have been around at that time.

So what have they been doing for the past 27 years, when it was announced at the CKCS CLUB'S AGM Last Year, that 50% of Cavaliers will have an Heart Murmur at 5 years of Age ,and this is no better than it was 18 years ago.

I would guess, not a lot.!!

At the moment some seem to be up in arms because they are not being given any information about the Cavalier SM Problem,that they are being kept in the Dark about recent meetings.

If the MVD Problem is any-thing to go on, would it make any difference what some of those Cavalier Breeders were being told about the SM Problem , would any notice be being taken by them.

Bet

Back