• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

SM Research Barneys contribution

Teresa

Looks like Barney's suitable for scanning for the research.... Hope he scans clear, it would be so good!!
I've spoken to Penny Knowler today and she's going to try to sort it for this month.

It's always a worry putting a dog through an anaesthetic but I think we're doing the right thing :)

I had a feeling he might be! You're very good to do this and fingers crossed for a good result for both you and the research teams.
Sins

Thank you SO much for doing this Teresa, it's really good of you cl*pcl*p

I know it's always an anxious time putting a dog through an anaesthetic, especially when it is something which is not essential for their own health, but it is so important for the research.

We have everything crossed here for you for good results - let us know as soon as you have a date please.

:thnku::thnku:

Thanks everyone, I know in my heart that it's the right thing to do....although I do feel a bit mean on Barney personally...and I will worry about it at the time. He's a healthy boy and I'm sure he'll be fine :) If he could choose for himself I'm sure he'd want to do it too.
You can choose not to know the result but I would like to know either way!!

Thanks everyone, I know in my heart that it's the right thing to do....although I do feel a bit mean on Barney personally...and I will worry about it at the time. He's a healthy boy and I'm sure he'll be fine :) If he could choose for himself I'm sure he'd want to do it too.
You can choose not to know the result but I would like to know either way!!

This is such a wonderful gesture. Thank you so much for helping to give a healthier future to this lovely breed.

Thanks Margaret - I do think it's worth it!! Hopefully he'll be scanned at Bath and not have to travel to Wimbledon. Just waiting to hear...I'll be so pleased if he scans clear, for him and the breed and research!! If anyone else has syptom free dogs aged five years plus please consider having them scanned!! :)

This is great news -- delighted to know he will be scanned and fingers and paws crossed for a great result! :)

Barney will be scanned in Bath or Bristol, not Wimbledon....I'm happier with this as it will only be about thirty minutes travelling either way :)

oh that's good news, lucky you :grin:

Last time I went to the scanner we went to Chestergates - 10 1/2 hours drive for me :yikes:yikes {so overnight stops each way}

Wear referrals is closer at 366 miles, 6 1/2 hours each way - but still too far for me to go in one day and I don't have anyone to stop with that route. That's my nearest scanning facility {low cost schemes}

Do you have a date yet?

My goodness that's a long way to travel!!

I didn't really want to travel to London even though it's only a couple of hours away...I'm a bit allergic to motorways lol

Penny emailed me earlier today but no date as yet...x

Barney's all booked in for next Friday 10am...bless him snoring on the sofa oblivious to what's coming!!

Oh that's good not too long to wait then.

Bless him - nothing like a Cavalier snore ;)

{It was worth the long trip - took Daisy and three 8 month olds - all had excellent scans, Tommy just had PSOM and dilated ventricles}

Hoping for a GOOD outcome on Friday.
You and Barney will be in my thoughts. Have you got someone to come with you?

I'm going on my own but that's ok....going to come home when he's having it done to spend some time with Cassie...x

Good luck Teresa and Barney - will be thinking of you and hoping for a good result :D

I'm not sure if you will be given your results tomorrow - you might have to wait for a certificate in the post so please don't be disappointed if you do have to wait.

Take care and safe journey.

Back