• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Family Dispute!

Kodee

My oldest named our lab some 15 yrs ago; Jessie. She was named after (those of you that are moms to teen girls) Jessica of the Sweet Valley Twin book series. How I hated that name - we compromised on Jessie.

So come forward and daughter number 2 claimed the right to pet number 2. Kody was chosen before we knew if it was a boy/girl. Personally Kody sounds like a boy name to me, but a promis is a promise. She chose it because Kody is a rare female spelling for Cody meaning pillow - cavs are lap dogs. BUT now after buying the name tag I am informed perhaps she likes the spelling Kodee! So which spelling do you like? I'm having a hard enough time remember to say she cause Kody reminds me of a boy, so this is just adding fuel to the fire having a weird spelling for me!

nah, I let the first daughter get her way, I concede the 2nd should get to name this one. But perhaps I will put my foot down on the spelling - Kodee is weird I think! The breeder named her Hannah, I actually really like it and she looks like it (so I will just whisper it to her)

I like Kody. Give your daughter the option of calling her Kody (spelled the way you want) or Hannah. That should sort the problem out as either way you will be getting what you want!

I prefer Hannah. Some of my dogs ended up being named after cartoon hero's because of my kids. And I also know of many males called Kody. With a K and a C. Maybe if you get a cat she could name that? :lol: I am sure whatever you decide will be fine and it wont make any difference to how much you love your furbaby. :D

yeah i definitely like the spelling "Kody" better than "Kodee"...Hannah's a cute name maybe she will go for it but i dont know..(have you given her the option)..personally i prefer Kody to Hannah but i still think theyre both cute...

:p i like Casshon's idea! try that!

I don't know what your legal position re tags is, over there, but here it's not recommended to put the dog's name on the tag, as it gives any potential thief an advantage. If you don't have to have the name on the tag, that lets you off the hook.

I can understand where your daughter is coming from; when we got Rudee I spelled her name thus because it is a name usually reserved for boys (Rudy) so I changed it to suit a girl. It's a bit like Fiancé and Fiancée, if you get my drift.

:flwr:

I picked my last dogs name, Sophie, and the kids hated it. They never got used to it. This time, I started suggesting names, Dylan was only the 2nd and my son liked that. After the fuss over the first dogs name, I decided it's only right that we all agreed. I do think on the other hand, that whoever pays for the dog gets the deciding vote!!!

Might I suggest you pick a few names and agree on one you all like.

I am all about orginality... I like Kodee...

I used to nanny a little girl named Lexee and her mom was Brandee. When we were thinking about what to name Cicero, alot of our girl names that ended in "y" I changed to "ee" to make it original.

Examples:

Tillee
Samee
Eydiee

I'm going against the grain and saying I prefer Kodee!!!

it's cute and preppy ;) Girl spelling!! Plus it's different.

That's why we made "cosmo" into Kosmo! I wanted it to be different so I spelled it with a K! :flwr:

MathisGreen said:
I am all about orginality... I like Kodee...

I used to nanny a little girl named Lexee and her mom was Brandee. When we were thinking about what to name Cicero, alot of our girl names that ended in "y" I changed to "ee" to make it original.

Examples:

Tillee
Samee
Eydiee

Oh YOU! I had just made up my mind and then read your post. That is the exact arguement she has! It's the artist in my youngest, a graphic design student at college! Everything from clothes, room deco must be original, tweeked to be just her's. She likes to say "she designs herself" when she gets dressed in the morning :roll:

Oh I guess I will get used to it spelt either way, I did with Jessie after all. BUT I am not dying till I get to name a pet! Dog #3 will be mine!

I guess because I have boy named "Cody", I like Kodee better because it is different :lol: I like to keep the names as seperate as possible so I don't get confused :lol: :lol: Totally selfish reasoning, so take it with a grain of salt ;)

I do agree that Kodee is more feminine, without my personal bias :flwr:

OK you last 3 posters... I can tell your the youngins' on this board with your modern uniquiness. This reminds me of when I was literally giving birth to my youngest. On the way to the hospital in a friggen snow storm (hospital over 45 min away in good weather) my husband started the "about the name" arguement. Face it, a woman in labour in the backseat of a car in a snowstorm (which I later discovered was causing so much distress as she was not only sideways but upside down) is AN UNFAIR TIME TO NEGOTIATE. Obviously he won, names were the last thing on my mind - It was supposed to be Amanda Kaitlyn and called Mandy but wound up Kaitlyn Amanda for the same arguement, Kaitlyn was the unusual spelling of a then not popular name. See I didnt even get to name my children, its fate I cant name the dog!

I kinda of like Kodee too personally and I know Im chiming in a little late now but I just read your above statement and I guess I fall in the younging category of wanting unque names :p I grew up with a rather uncommon name so I always knew I wanted to give all my kids and pets unique ones too. Unfortunetly I married a Paul so he likes his common name and thus wants all common names for our kids (boring if you ask me) Ive been winning the war so far (look at our pet names below) but if I ever get stuck like you did in a snowstorm in labor I might end up with a common name instead of a unique one like you heehee

you know guys... you all might have just SUNK me, she logs on here while in class to "lurk" about puppy pics. Faith pics taken by Mic caused quite the disruption in the Design class! She is one adored little puppy by many graphic students - famous at 8 wks!

Come on Kaitlyn, I know your reading this - sign up your own profile and say what I know your dying to "MOM I told you so!"

Awwwww I'm sorry to say this but ... I really like Kodee too :lol:

Its got to be a youngin thing!

I think its a really cute name for a little girly :) sorry ;)

Lol, that is so sad... but... I definately agree with doggie number 3 being all yours to name...

I am lucky that DH and I both love unique names and our family is full of them... although there are no children in the plan for at least another 5 years, we already have our names... I know we are geeks...

Our Human Children Names:
Boys:
1. Vaughn Andres (grandpa's name and other g'pa's middle name)
2. Xavier Abner (cabbage patch collector since i was 1 and I just love Abner)

Girls:
1. Lola Blair (grandma's name and my bff middle name)
2. Georgia Lou (First name from Dead Like Me and Middle is g'ma middle name)

I dont know it must have been a fate moment! In the middle of all this posting my breeder emailed to say her registered name (they call her Hannah - love it) is Harts Full of Grace. (harts=hartscontent, the breeder, full of grace because Hannah means Graceful). So that just egged me on to like Hannah even more :( We compromised though! She likes the registered name and her sister likes Hannah. So Kody just became Hannah Kodee to be called by her middle name Kodee. Jeesh are dogs supposed to have all these names :roll:

Guess I have to chance my screen name...

That's a great compromise!! Harts full of Grace is a beautiful name. Hannah Kodee already has such a rich heritage!! :lol:

Back