• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cailean

misty

Cailean went to Rainbow Bridge this morning . We knew it was time, and we gave him his wings.

It doesn't feel like I'm typing this - it's as if someone else is putting the words on the screen and I'm watching from above.

We got Cailean when Misty (my 1st ever cav) died, in June 2000 and he was a delightful 9 week old puppy.

I'll miss hundreds of things about him - to name a few, countersurfing, nicking food, making his wonderful "woo woo woo" noise when he got over-excited (hence his nickname Woodle/Cailey-Woo), and more than anything the way he quietly but assertively led the clan.

I can't count the number of foster dogs Cailean has welcomed into our home, with a casual wag of the tail and of course all his permanent 'housemates'. When we first moved here in 2004, Cailean hated all dogs, but he turned into such a confident, reassuring guy to all the furry visitors.

You'd have to have met Cailean to know how funny he was. So mischievous, so lively, so over-excited - in fact, so much like Nicki's Rupert.

Cailean and Rupert are closely related, and I truly believe Rupert went ahead to show Cailean the way.

Cailean my darling nutcase, mummy loves you so very much. Please send our love to Declan and to Rupert and all the other babies waiting for us at the Bridge.

Run free sweetheart.

What a wonderful tribute to Cailean. His memory will stay in your heart forever. :hug::hug: to you at this sad time.:flwr:

Bless you sweet Cailean. You and Rupert will have a grand old party over the bridge.

Misty, such sad news. I'm so glad you have such fond memories of Cailean - keep them close.

Cailean, make sure you and Rupert have a great time at rainbow bridge and try not to be cheeky to the furkids already there! - Rip sweetheart.

Thinking of you all:paw:

:hug:to you at this time of letting your wonderful treasure have wings. Gone but in your heart always. Blessings for making his last trip loving and gentle.

I'm truely sorry Fran, what a decision to have to make:flwr:

We all send our love, includings Misty who sends a little kiss for her foster mummy:hug:

Oh Fran I'm heartbroken for you :(:(

It seems so unfair this close to Christmas, I know they both enjoyed presents and extra treats, and all the extra opportunties for mischief - can you imagine what a party they are having together though? Rupert will have had all the bins out and Cailean will be surfing the counters, between them they will have a fine old feast ;)

I know that like us, you have many many happy memories - once this horrid raw pain eases we can start to remember those happier times - already I have "film" of some running through my head - somethings make me laugh, others make me cry, but they tell me that Rupert is still with me and always will be. We will carry them deep in our hearts, always in our thoughts and hearts :lotsaluv:

Sending all our love, very big hugs for you all xxxx

I am so sorry Fran, my thoughts are with you.

Run free Cailean and play with your friends.

Fran, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this very sad time.:hug:

i am so sorry about your loss. I am very heartbroken about Cailean and Rupert. The cold weather seems to be harsh on these little babies. Big hugs

I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news Fran, take care and my thoughts are with you
Play happy Cailean in the beautiful sunshine *ng*l

I am very sorry for your loss. I am sure Cailean is having a wonderful time breathing free and playing with Rupert at the bridge. *ng*l

:hug:

Cailean sounds like a wonderful dog who was dearly loved. Thank you for telling me about him. I am so very sorry for your loss, yet applaud your ability to let him go when he most needed your strength.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to say goodbye to our littlest furry family members, but you did the loving thing. Lots of love to you and your family during this sad time. :hug: Run free with Declan and Rupert, Cailean!

Back