• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lily Has Started I Think

Brian M

Hi

After all thr kerffufle last week Daem said to me before there are some pinkish smudges on her pillow and atowel she lays also her nipples are more pronounced and she is licking and claening a lot down below .So could she have started if so a lucky escape from getting spayed .What do you think people
.;)

A spay can be done when a girl is in heat but it's a trickier operation and only done in an emergency. That's what my vet told me anyway. There's no rush, don't worry. :)

Sounds like she is in heat so be sure to keep her well-minded and generally safely inside! You will now need to wait about 3-4 months before spaying. (y)

It does sound a bit like she may be coming in- is she swelling yet? How old is Lily?
Rubys nipples never used to swell in season - it was just her **** and she used to not eat for days also.
It is more dangerous to spay close to seasons as I was told there is far more blood in the womb and the surrounding veins which makes it more likely for a) loss of alot of blood and b) more chance of infection after.
Hope she is ok and quite possibley a lucky escape- I think the rule of thumb is 3 months after the season finishes as a good time for a spay

karen, ruby and charlie xx

Hmmmm - looks like fate took a hand last week :).

Does sound like her first season, bless her.

Hi misty

Thats exactly what I thought after all the do we don't we get her spayed then actually going as far as taking her to the vets then the vet saying no, Then I had all the mess with one of my C/cards that had been fraudulently used by some bxxxx in London ,then upon checking Luke's computers ,he has a big desk top with dual graphics cards for gaming and a Dell Laptop for school and both are showing the blue screen of death so that was half of Sat and all day Sunday wasted messing with them and they are still buggered so I will have to get my mate to look at the desktop and call in a Dell engineer for his laptop .So all in all the last 3 days have been sxxx and after all that its Monday morning ,well Things Can Only Get Better.:)

Hi
Just spoke to Lilys breeder in Glasgow and she confirmed that she had and finished her first season about 7 1/2 months old ,so is she young at the age of 1 for her second season to start ,I always thought they had about 2 a year and when should I target her to be spayed now about 6 weeks from now .Sorry I have no experiance :confused: at all in these matters so your guidance would be highly valued.

Hi Brian. Somehow Mother Nature knows just when to step in! Lucy is just having her 1st season at 7 months, and I'm off tomorrow to get some babygrows!! General rule of thumb is almost exactly 6 month intervals give or take 14 days. But some have intervals of 5 or 7 months between seasons, and thats perfectly normal for them.
Have you noticed her vulva has swollen ? if not, you're in for a big surprise any day now!! Ha Ha. Put her in lockdown for the next 3 weeks, and watch her like a hawk out in the garden.

Hi Brian. As others have said, she'll be ready for spaying in 3 months or traditionally count 100 days, whether that's from the start of the season or the end I don't know.

Hi

Wel the date I have in mind is Xmas week as then I will be of work fpr about 2 weeks which will enable me to devote all my time for her R and R .
Thanks again.:)

Good timimg Brian but in the meantime keep Lily in as much as possible and be on lookout for unwanted suitors!:shifty:

Heather R

Hi
the only drawback of getting her done over xmas Bri might be if you have any concerns afterwards,will there be anybody at the vets to ring or on here to ask? Sorry to point out the downside!
i hope little Lily is ok,is she eating alright etc...

Hi Tupup

I never thought of that but if anything does happen I will put a bow on her head wrap her in xmas paper and fedex her over to you ,are we agreed and while there you can give her a little trim on her fringe just like rubes.:):):)

Yay send her to me definatly(sadly as if you would!) & i'd be more than happy to give her little ears & feet a trim-did you like Ruby's puppy pad "gown" to keep the hair off her & she was sitting in her own little chair for her cut tooicon_whistlingDifferent story for Jellys (feet only) we rolled about the floor for some time then i sat on the floor with her on my knee with her scratching lumps outa me,she wasnt happy bless & kept spitting out all the treats i was giving her so i barely got one hair snipped!!
ps.You can post rubys pic here if you want so everyone else knows what we're going on about.

What date shall i expect Lily then!?!

Back