What?! How many cavaliers does anyone know here who have lived to 13+? Sadly, those are definitely the exceptional dogs. And how pathetic that they would say that most SEEM TO COPE WELL. :) What a low standard to set for this breed -- that it should cope with a widespread health issue rather that not have the issue in the first place. That shows just how low some breeders' expectations are of this breed and how low they think ours should be. I wonder how they define 'many' and 'not all' -- given that about 99% will be part of that 'many' by the time dogs are aged 10. Either they have a unique concept of 'many' (and are confusing that word with 'most' or 'almost all') or are being deliberately misleading. I guess the remaining 1% without MVD could be considered 'not all'... good grief. This kind of misleading crap --which gives truly health-focused breeders a doubly hard time s it discounts all that they work toward -- is why buyers need to read information very carefully, know their facts, question breeders on their real results, and know to avoid someone spinning wishful fairy tales.
but most do seem to cope well and live a happy life to 13+ years