I've found that whenever a cavalier has had to stay overnight at a vets or a hospital that they quickly work their magic on the staff and are hardly ever left alone. Misty should be a happy girl for the rest of the day and she's got her fuzzy throw to sleep with tonight.
I'll be thinking of you and anxiously awaiting (with the rest of CavalierTalk) her results tomorrow. Good luck. Hope you get some sleep tonight.
It's very strange being home without her, not that Murphy seems fussed at all, he's claimed his Mum's lap back, and the OH is being shunned for a change:cool: I'll be glad to get her home again, but I know she's in good hands, so I'm not worrying about her, just missing her.
Keeping Misty in my thoughts.
Thinking about Misty and sending her my prayers. It must have been hard to leave her, but it will be over in no time and I am sure you will be happy to have all of those tests done once they are. The waiting game is never an easy one though! I will be thinking of you!
Wishing you well for tomorrow- Unfortunetly there are too many off us that know exactly how you are feeling!
I hope you get the answers you need tomorrow so that you can got Misty on to the correct treatment and care!!
I have been thinking of you and Misty all day but not had time to catch up with this thread until now. I am sorry Misty has to stay overnight because they have had too much emergency work to do to complete all the tests today. I am also sorry to say I understand only too well the time taken up and the valuable and life saving work these referral services undertake because when Holly was a tiny puppy she was one of them and her life was saved by the emergency treatment she was given at The Willows.
From what you say I think the American lady is looking at all the right things and has got her possibilities and priorities just right. Let's wait to hear what tomorrow's test results show. Meanwhile, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Well it seems my worse fears have now been confirmed :(
Misty went for her MRI at 10am this morning, they called at 0830 to say she'd been really good overnight and to let me know she was going in.
Someone has just called back, to let me know that the MRI has confirmed SM. Her English was a little hard to understand, but I think she said a malformation ran the full length of her spin. Allison isn't in until 1600, so we have to wait until then to pick her up, so I'll get all the details then.
I'm now dying to get my little angel back in my arms.
We'll be leaving in an hour and a half to pick her up, but in the mean time can anyone think of anything I should ask Allison about while I'm there? :?
EDIT: Allison is now in, so heading out now!
I am so sorry to hear about Misty’s outcome but I think it was a bit naughty for someone (not the neurologist) to ring you and just give you this bit of news without anything else. My vet done the same said it was the worse he has seen and then when I saw Clare it was not as bad as he told me. So wait and see until you see the neurologist to see how bad it really is. Obviously you need to talk about medication. Don’t know if Zitac will be a choice as this is for preventing SM from getting worse.
I have written about the insurance claim seperate.
When you pick up Misty tell them to email the invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org no seperate form needed. Just make sure it says PRE AUTHORAUSATION.
Just a little bit of advice in regards to your pre Authorisation.
I have been on the phone with AXA 3 times this morning. I am chasing the pre authorisation as I am worried that if it takes too long my vet wonít allow any more Pre Authorisation in the future. I was told today that all of a sudden the invoice my vet faxed to AXA doesnít show on the computer. Well to cut a long story short, after talking to yet another claims adviser the invoice is showing on the computer but because the difference between the original figure and the end figure is £6.76 AXA got confused and started processing the Pre Authorisation as a normal claim. How convenient.
Also Brian an update !!!! They are now working on claims received 17 th August. We are lucky to have any money by the end of October. And if you want to complain you have to write to AXA first, if their complaints department donít deal with the complaint satisfactory then you need to complain to the Head Office and only after that you can go to the Ombudsman.