Agree, should be having at least yearly blood checks; I think Clare suggests every 6 months. Your vet can do this -- not generally done by the neurologist. I'd def do this now if you are seeing extra water drinking and let vet know she is drinking more than usual. If she is on a diuretic for her heart she will be drinking more but I haven't seen this with cimetidine.
I am worried now as she is drinking a lot more and stupid me did not put two and two together .If you can remember originally when she had her MRI with
Geoff S she was put on Frusemide but in the same week it was found Daisy had a Grade 1 murmur and her Cardio wasn't happy with her being on that diuretic so we took her off it and started her just on Zitac but we now know that in June her murmur had developed to a Grade 4 .I am wondering if I should try and see her Neuro earlier ie this Monday if I can and not Nov 5th or just go to my Vets tonight for bloods ,how long does it take for reasults to come through ? ,thoughts pls .
I am too impatient and worried especially if it concerns any of my girls ,so I have phoned C/Gates and we see Ulreke at 5.00 pm tonight.
Wow you posted and 10 minutes later had an appt. :) I understand that. :lol: Probably not anything to worry about, I'd have just gone to the vet; generally only takes a day or so for results to come back. It may just be the omeporazole and cimetidine; don't know. Generally anytime there's a sudden increase in water drinking, it is good to visit the vet -- this can be the first sign of many conditions but also some dogs drink a lot more than others, and some meds will cause dogs to drink. The bloods are more just a monitoring regime when they are on meds (and reminds me that Leo needs them done). Let us know how the appt goes.
Its funny really as if it was anything wrong with me I would amble along to my Docs sometime in the next week or so but we all jump as high
as a kite when its our beloved Cavaliers ,these little dogs sure do get a tight grip of your heart .
Other better news this week is Monday we landed a job in Chester then Wed another one in Chorley and today one in Blackpool so from having one job
in Wolverhampton worth £300 ,000 we now have four with a total value of £1.5 mill with a good chance of another at Bangor Uni valued at another £Mill,so
all our lads we laid off earlier this year are coming back on Minday when two of the jobs start .And there was me dreaming of not working and having super
early morning walks on the seafront with the girls ,oh well back to chaos and mayhem again.
Great personal news, Brian! Long may it continue. :D
Home and they are all fed and now doing what Cavalier's excel at ie sleeping soundly. Upon examination Daisy exhibited more pain around her neck area coupled with a pronounced head tilt when she scratched but Ulreke was sure this pain was only temporary though it may last for a few weeks but she had observed it with one Cavalier for a period of six months .She advised me to stop the Omeprazole for a week and to observe her fluid intake and continue with the Zitac and Gabapentin and if no change to ring her and that then we will start giving Daisy an anti inflamatory Loxicom for a period of of two weeks only and then go back for a further review on the 9th Nov . I asked about the possibility of changeable air pressure with her SM and Ulreke commented maybe its a possibilty but there is no clinical evidence to support this .Daisy does not carry any excessive fluid and her MVD had not progreesed any since our last visit to Simon so that was a big relief for us .
Daisy's weight is better than I thought as I guessed at 8.75 - 9.00 and she is 8.25 Kilo so that is pleasing and apart from her known problems Daisy is still outwardly a happy girl with buckets of character and an outgoing personality with which while sitting in the waiting room she worked the audience as she can and played the poor drama queen for all she is worth , but that's my Daisy she adores an audience and uses all her vocal and physical charms to entertain them all .
We arrived home at 6.30 and the phone went shortly after, it was Ulreke advising that her bloods were fine, so I am happy as overall there was no bad news ,her weight is good her heart is as was ,the blood test was all done super quickly inhouse and that was fine and I knew within the hour ,but I am puzzled as to why Ulreke was so confident that the neck pain was only temporary so I shall ask a lot more in three weeks when we go back .
Glad it was good news. I can here how relieved you are.
Daisy certainly keeps you on your toes. So pleased that overall she is doing okay.
We stopped her Omeprazole on Friday as instructed so Daisy has had her Gabapentin 3x100mg and her Zitac 3x50mg and nothing else ,we have had six fairly good walks and some of yesterday and
most of today I have been clearing up in the garden before Winter sets in .All of them have been with me ,apart from bedtime ,every minute and Daisy has not scratched once !!!!! I am very
pleased but totally confused .?????