• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New CKCS owner in Charlotte, N.C.

Ollie Boy

Greetings all,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a soon-to-be proud owner of my wife's and my 1st dog. We both grew up with dogs (me, English Springer Spaniels and my wife, a Shih-tzu) but this will be our first dog together. We live happily in Charlotte, N.C. and are anxiously waiting to pick up our 9 week old, Blenheim, male puppy (named "Oliver"--"Ollie" for short). We've done extensive research about the breed and feel that a CKCS will fit our lifestyle perfectly, while also compromising between an ESS and a Shih-tzu. We are driving to our old stomping grounds, Charleston, S.C., to pick up the little guy this weekend. Pictures of Ollie to come.

Thanks and happy to be here.

Welcome from a fellow member from Charlotte. I bet you can't wait for little Ollie. I own a 6 year old Cavalier named Elton and fell in love with the breed when I got my first cavalier puppy Ella about 6 or 7 years ago. You will love the breed!

There are a couple of other members from Charlotte. Gemma (I think that's her user name) and BeBe.

Congrads!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you are going to LOVE owning a cavalier, I surly do. Fletcher is less than a month from his first birthday (he's a blenhiem mate too).

It seems we have a bunch of members in or near Charlotte NC. Its a 3 hour drive south for me. Hmmmmmm maybe a spring/summer get together!!!!!! That would be fun. Just wondering how may CT members are form the area??? I'm gonna post a new topic asking.

Congrads!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you are going to LOVE owning a cavalier, I surly do. Fletcher is less than a month from his first birthday (he's a blenhiem mate too).

It seems we have a bunch of members in or near Charlotte NC. Its a 3 hour drive south for me. Hmmmmmm maybe a spring/summer get together!!!!!! That would be fun. Just wondering how may CT members are form the area??? I'm gonna post a new topic asking.

Melissa,

That would be fun! There are two members that we all got together in Charlotte one time. We have informal meet ups with other cavalier owners in charlotte the first Sunday of the month. There was another post recently from someone in Charlotte looking at a rescue. I love parties so send me a PM if you do a post because I know some other pet owners that are in the NC area but are not on CT. Gemma and BeBe are the other members I know in Charlotte.

Hope things are going great with Ollie! Was the breeder you got him from in Charleston or by chance in Beaufort. I am wondering if it is someone I am contemplating getting a little older dog from. Please PM me and let me know, thank you!

Thanks everyone! Here's a pic of Ollie just after we picked him up on Sunday...

Ollie_zps916106ee.jpg

He's doing a great job acclimating himself to his new home. My wife and I are both SO impressed with how quickly he begins to recognize the "trigger words." Can't get over how fast he picks up a routine. Maybe it's just beginners luck??? ;)

You alll will have to message me and let me know when your next informal meet in the Spring is, in the Charlotte area. My wife and I would love to bring Ollie around other dogs, especially fellow CKCS.

hi
ollie is beautiful i love his face
sending kisses and cuddles to ollie from louie and his mum

Back