Bully sticks - bad for our dogs?!
One of my dearest friends just welcomed a sweet little frenchie into her home. I told her about Lady's love for curly bully sticks and how, as far as I knew, they were relatively safe as long as you take it from them when there's only a few inches left.
Her sweet pup had an upset stomach yesterday so she ran him to the vet. They asked what he'd been snacking on or eating, to which she answered bully sticks of course. The vet told her to never give bully sticks because they are bull penis (which I already knew) and are linked to salmonella poisoning in dogs. :confused::confused: This baffled me. This is the first I've heard of this complaint. Anyone familiar with this? My poor Lady is dying for a bully stick, but now I'm afraid to buy her one.