• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do you dress your cavalier ??

fuzzie bear

Ruby and Bailey got their first coat about 3 months ago when it was absolutely freezing (well things haven't changed that much)

When I bring them out, they get their coats on them (matching but in different colours ;o) and if its at night they get their flashie beams on so they get noticed.

However, people look at me funny cos they have coats... Now I don't care what people think, but just interested in if you dress up your dog or not as I haven't really seen that many people put any kind of clothing on their cavaliers...

Benny has a little red sweater, a matching scarf, felt booties and even a rain jacket... The Canadian winters can be VERY cold but Ben LOVES his expeditions outdoors so I just dress him accordingly. I'm sure some people think I'm a shi-shi kind of person as a result, but my argument is that he's a spaniel, not a husky! These lap dogs weren't bred for the cold! :) (Besides, I think he's adorable in his clothes!)

I swore I would never get clothes for my dogs, but I couldn't resist this adorable hoodie! from there it was all downhill and I got him a puffy vest, too. :oops: Unfortunately, the hoodie hits too low and he would end up peeing on it if he wore it outside... :(

First dog I dressed was my yorkie. She could not wear a normal coat as she walked with a wiggle and the coat would end up twisted round her body. Every time it had been raining she would get a chesty cough. I could only find one coat at the time that covered her tummy and it just happens to look like a ski coat. As soon as she started wearing it her chest problems stopped and the coat didn’t twist on her body.

The only problem I had with this coat was the fact that Dizzy would act like a typically small terrier and charge up to the big dogs. Barking her head off, enough to make them run away from her. I was stopped one day by another dog owner who asked me if this was the ’Gangster dog, the one that when round beating all the other big dogs up, cause that dog wore a coat like that‘. :oops:

SiânE has a coat for wet weather. She runs when she sees me pull the coat out as she doesn’t like the wet weather. She also has a couple of jumpers that I have knitted for her, she hates the cold and if it‘s windy she hates being over the park. The jumpers have helped a lot

People love the rain coat and I get a few funny looks with the jumpers and some nice comments. But mostly she wears it on a really cold and windy day. The kids love it. I laughed one day when a mother told her daughter ‘see I told you it was cold! Even the dog has got its coat on’

In the end the only thing that matters is SiânE and if walks over the park are easier because she feels dry and warm then other people’s opinions don’t matter. ;)

We dress Abbey to keep her warm and dry. She doesn't really like it, but she's gotten used to it for the most part. She has a down jacket thing that she wears when it's really bitter out. She also has a t-shirt that she wears, mainly to keep dry--her belly gets pretty soggy otherwise when it's wet out.

Yes we dress Dudley, we get a lot of snow in Toronto.
I bought him some good boots, Dawn (Maxwell & Me) sent me a coat
from Old Navy in the States but it was too big for him.

Some of the doggie boutiques here are outrageous for pricing.
I have since found that The Hudsons Bay Co sells coats at realistic prices.

Anyway
Dudley Owns
Red Sweater
Mexican Vest
Soccer Jersey
Boots
I love how he looks in Ylw, so I will be looking for something nice for
the spring. The bright colors are coming back here in Canada.

I confess to occasionally dressing Pixie. :oops: She's got a couple coats, t-shirts, and pj's.

Raincoat:
RaincoatFeb05.jpg

One of her winter coats:
PixieCoat.jpg

T-shirt from the beach:
PixieOCshirt.jpg

And PJ's (for when we all have a pj morning)
PixiePjs.jpg

Sally

I see in the background that you also spoil her.
Sofa, Beds, Stuffed Toys
Way to go. icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

LOL...spoiled? :lol: :lol: My kids?

Psst... the sofa, sisal board and scratching box are the cats'. And the cats play with the I-Cube balls too.

Im thinking about getting something for Tara like a coat for walking in the rain

My family and other half think im mad , but I WANT and I will get it

Im very tempted by posh paws but I worry about the sizes icon_whistling

The closest i've come to dressing the dogs is using a puppia harness :D We don't walk in the rain so there's no need for rain coats etc and i don't think i'd have the nerve to bring them to the local park if they were dressed up ;)

Spencer loves to get dressed up! Right after we got him last March we had a cold spell and since he was so little I got him a sweater. I think he got used to his neurotic mother dressing him since he was such a young pup.

I've even converted my husband! He loves going with us to the dog boutique near our house to buy Spencer new sweaters.

Here are a few of his favorites.

P2120045.jpg

P1150116.jpg

PA250066-redeyegone.jpg

bluesweater.jpg

PA250068.jpg

PB030053.jpg

PA290038.jpg

CopyofPA090100.jpg

I LOVE that last picture... that just captures the Cavalier perfectly! They are SO loving and cuddly. It's remarkable how sweet they can be!

Ps. I LOVE the first plaid jacket... I think I'm getting my husband hooked as well -he nearly bought Benny some hiking boots last weekend! lol..

They are all such cute pics. I find on most chat boards I've been on, most of the dogs are yorkies, shiz Tzu's etc... so nice to see some cavs !!

Im very tempted by posh paws but I worry about the sizes
(Jo come and see me at the Paddys Day show in the IKC (I have a stand there) - you can bring your baby and try some clothes on.... ;o)

Back