• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

THE INFLUENCE OF CAVALIERS !!

petitchien

Thought I'd share ...
My father in law is not a pet-person.
In fact he very tolerantly put up with Gizmo, Snuffles (our pet rabbit) and 3 lizards (hubby's not MINE!)
In fact he insists that he doesn't like dogs !!!
YET ....and wait for it...... every time he comes to the house, he plays with Gizmo which consists of chasing him around the diningroom table....let's him sit on his knee and when he thinks we're not looking rubs his head (which HE LOVES!!)

What made me share is - this morning after we had all been out last night - I get up to see Gizmo in the kitchen with him sharing breakfast !!! Gizmo eating his dental chew lying beside my father in law who's rubbing him while sipping his tea !!!

I THINK THE POWER OF THE CAVS HAS STRUCK

What do you think???

Oh for sure!! I was just like your father in law, and then did a complete change in the opposite direction the first time I met a Cavalier. Now I'm getting my second one in 7 months soon. :D

I wish my inlaws would get over their dislike of dogs. When they come to visit, I have to crate Sadie. Thre have been a few time that Sadie just sat quietly in my lap while they were here, but once she jumped off my lap and ran and jumped on my father in law and planted a big wet kiss right on his nose. :lol: I thought it was funny, but my father in law didn't. He had to go wash the germs off his face :x

Wow you're kidding !! That is a terrible reaction .....
I'm very lucky so by the sounds of it ...

Kat - over the Christmas we had a housewarming party for the relatives ... one of my husbands aunts arrived and I never realised that she didn't like dogs :? ... Gizmo was bounding around the place and she asked my OH and myself "when" we were putting the dog out? :shock:

My hubby proudly replied that Gizmo is part of the family and she'd see the shed before he ever would !!! ;) :lol:

Needless to say Gizmo stayed, and so did she .. and of course after a couple of drinks she came around enough to say that he was a "friendly dog"

I'm telling you - the POWER OF THE CAVALIER icon_banana

petitchien said:
Kat - over the Christmas we had a housewarming party for the relatives ... one of my husbands aunts arrived and I never realised that she didn't like dogs :? ... Gizmo was bounding around the place and she asked my OH and myself "when" we were putting the dog out? :shock:

My hubby proudly replied that Gizmo is part of the family and she'd see the shed before he ever would !!! ;) :lol:

Needless to say Gizmo stayed, and so did she .. and of course after a couple of drinks she came around enough to say that he was a "friendly dog"

I'm telling you - the POWER OF THE CAVALIER icon_banana

I'm telling ya. You just can't resist them! And by the way, have a great time on your vacation!!! When are you coming to the US??

My rules are basically - My house, so therefore my dogs house, if they come over they are going to be greeted and kissed by the guys.... they know the situation - thank god all my lot love them.

I do agree my mam hates dogs really hates dogs

But she will talk and rub Molly and Tara :lol: Jodie on the otherhand will hide when she see visitors

Oh the power of cavaliers!!! My mom is not a dog person. I have a picture of her sitting on the couch with Jake in her lap and she is actually smiling!!! And who can resist Shelby when she noses her way onto your lap, turns around and looks you right in the face....daring you to push her down!!

Love me....love (or at least tolerate) my dogs!!

:D Well, they won over my hubby! I've had dogs for many, many years, but I think my hubby was really just putting up with my passion for them, and didn't really get into them and love them like I did. Until Charlie.... it has been a miracle! Now my hubby didn't hate dogs, but I guess Shih Tzus weren't really his thing, and he's just not a dog lover like I am - but with Charlie, he's completely different!

So I'd say the Power of Cavaliers has worked here too! :D

Back