• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Snow...

Nicki

As you may have heard on the news, Scotland is under a beautiful white blanket ;) - we have about 8" here. {well beatuiful unless you want to go anywhere...}

This was Rupert after 5 minutes in the garden, I had to shower off the ice balls, they were thick in his chest and leg feathering

Rupertsnow_MG_1480.jpg

Our cottage

cottage_MG_1477.jpg

About 1/2 hr later, we heard this awful noise and it was the snow sliding off the roof :eek:

View to the side of the cottage

view_MG_1461.jpg

Trees in the garden

Trees_MG_1463.jpg

The Cotoneaster looks stunning - yes the sky really was that colour for a while!

plant_MG_1476.jpg

He's so adorable, his eyes say it all!

Gorgeous pictures, the cottage is beautiful!

Wow, great pictures and what a lovely cottage! Rupert looks so sweet (and a little embarrassed to have brought in that skirt of ice!).

Nikki

He is so sweet, what a beautiful coat he has.
How about Ted Bear, did he not go.

Oh that cottage is lovely and what beautiful scenery.
Do you go to the cottage often if so you are one lucky lass.

Linda said:
Nikki

He is so sweet, what a beautiful coat he has.
How about Ted Bear, did he not go.

Oh that cottage is lovely and what beautiful scenery.
Do you go to the cottage often if so you are one lucky lass.

Yes TedBear did go out, it's just a matter of getting him to sit still long enough for a photo :lol:

It's actually where we live :D We moved here nearly 3 years ago, and have had a lot of work to do, but it's almost finished now.

csprice said:
Can me and the boys come live with you - your cottage is lovely.

Not sure it's quite big enough for everyone...but you're more than welcome to visit 8)

"Nicki"
Yes TedBear did go out, it's just a matter of getting him to sit still long enough for a photo :lol:

It's actually where we live :D We moved here nearly 3 years ago, and have had a lot of work to do, but it's almost finished now.

Where abouts in Scotland do you live Nikki I have not been back for almost 20 odd years.
What a peaceful and beautiful place to live, well my lass you have done
a marvelous job on that home it is so cozy looking, yet kind of historical also (No offence) I love it.

Sorry but I need a Ted Bear fix, please oh please ask him to sit nicely
to get a picture of him.

I don't ever remember seeing that much snow in Scotalnd when I lived there. You might just have to take up sking or dog sleighing only you
will be pulling the dogs could never do that to our cavaliers.

Hi Linda

We're about halfway between Inverness and John o'Groats, a couple of miles inland from Brora, which is on the coast and on the A9.

We're in a small rural crofting community - more sheep than people :lol:

I love the old cottages, sadly there are still quite a few ruined cottages about, but some people still do up the old ones. We wanted to keep the character, but still have it practical for living in.

This is the most snow we've ever seen {in the UK} - we've had over 8" - probably the worst here in over 20 years too. But despite the remote location, the road is still ploughed and gritted at least once a day LOL

A TedBear fix just for you Linda xx

Hope it won't be too long before you have your own Ruby. It took me over 5 years after losing my Ruby rescue :cry: to have another one

TedBear_MG_1494.jpg

That boy just has the most gorgeous coat. What a beautiful color. I am currently fostering a little ruby boy who we think has a bit of cocker spaniel in him. His poor coat is so dry and dull from lack of attention and poor food. I can't wait to see how he looks in a year once he's been spoiled rotten.

Your boy looks ever so pleased with himself, isn't snow fun! And your home is lovely. I would love to curl up in front of a warm fire on such a wintery day. How fortunate you are to have such a beautiful place to call home.

JaneB

Nicki said:
A TedBear fix just for you Linda xx

Hope it won't be too long before you have your own Ruby. It took me over 5 years after losing my Ruby rescue :cry: to have another one

TedBear_MG_1494.jpg

Nikki

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
He is adorable and his red is so rich I just love those rubys

I still have not heard anything from my breeder, I hate to keep bugging her but I don't think her girl is with puppies.
I emailed her back in January and she said she would let me know it
should be anyday.
I can wait, I will just keep looking at TedBear

I thank you for my fix, I feel so much better now.
Not familiar with that area of Scotland, I think I was in Inverness but I
was only 12 so I really can't remember.
But I would love to live in a home with land around it when I retire.
Another 20 years but my time will come, my breeder has a beautiful home
backing onto the lake the waves hitting the rocks are breathtaking.

Was Tedbears parents both Ruby's ?????

Oh that face, I could just kiss and hug him all day long.
He is probably one of the most gorgeous Rubys I have seen, so rich in color.

Cathy T said:
That boy just has the most gorgeous coat. What a beautiful color. I am currently fostering a little ruby boy who we think has a bit of cocker spaniel in him. His poor coat is so dry and dull from lack of attention and poor food. I can't wait to see how he looks in a year once he's been spoiled rotten.

Poor wee fellow - have you any photos of him?

TedBear's breeder gives hers tripe to improve their coat and skin. As he's not a great eater, I do give it to him sometimes now {although I hate it, very hard when you're a veggie :lol: } Also he shares a tin of sardines with Rupert every 10 days or so {Lidl do them at about 24p a tin}. Good for their hearts and skin etc.

Linda, TedBear sends you special kisses and hugs...he thinks he's adorable too :lol:

His sire and grandsire are both B&Ts - I have a link to a photo of his Grandsire if you would like to see it. Dam was a Ruby - I also met a niece puppy, who was a really sweet little Ruby. There are a few Particolours going further back though.

I suspect the strong colouring may be due to the B&Ts, as I think repeated ruby to ruby matings produce paler pups.

I love the way the Rubies shine in the sunlight, they just look superb.

I'm so sorry you haven't heard from your breeder..I guess she would have been in contact if she'd had pups. :cry:

Inverness is about 60 miles South of here...but if you do ever come over for a visit, please get in touch, it would be lovely to get together. Do you still have family in Scotland?

He should be homed any time now. I'm being very particular about where he goes. He needs someone who will make him the center of their world!! Lyn, I think he's got a good bit of cocker spaniel in him. He's really adorable.

Back