Thread: Saw cardiologist for possible murmur

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saw cardiologist for possible murmur

Hello everyone,
    Well we saw the cardiologist today and he agrees that Riley does have a murmur. However, he could not tell whether it is an "juvenile" murmur that Riley will grow out of or something congenital that indicates serious issues.
    He suggested that we have Riley retested after he is 16 weeks old. Usually by that time "juvenile" murmurs begin to disappear and if it is a more serious problem, he can do a work up on Riley at that time.
    So, i won't know anything for sure until Riley is older I wish i could be sure right now! In the meantime i guess we will just go along as if Riley will be fine. Goodness knows every day we have him, he is just more adorable and lovable. icon_heartthrob
    He is just the most precious little boy. I hope he will be fine, we sure are attached to our little guy!
    Thanks for all the wonderful words and thoughts.
    Laura
    Laura (Momma to Riley, 3 yr. old male)

Post Thanks / Like

Hope your Riley is better when he is rechecked
    Debbie, Riley and Robbie

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Riley will not have anything serious. he's so cute in that picture, he looks like an expert snuggler.

Post Thanks / Like

Riley will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all will go well - your boy is beautiful
    Janet V.
    Heritage Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about Riley's problems.

paws and fingers crossed that it is "just" a juvenile murmur, and that he will grow out of it.

Keep us posted, and remember to enjoy every day, they grow up so quick.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The odds are very very high that it is a juvenile (flow) murmur so try to relax and enjoy him. Don't get too worried about something you don;t have to worry about yet and probably will never have to worry about. Easier said then done as I know well, but doing your best to piush it to the back of your mind keeps you sane, keeps your stress levels down, and let's you keep enjoying how fun they are as puppies. Riley will be the same little guy whatever the outcome in a few weeks so keep on enjoying him. icon_thumbsup
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karlin
    The odds are very very high that it is a juvenile (flow) murmur so try to relax and enjoy him. Don't get too worried about something you don;t have to worry about yet and probably will never have to worry about.
    Yep!!! I definitely wouldn't be overly concerned at this point. Enjoy him and don't worry.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Rod Russell Guest

I agree with Karlin about the likelihood it is a flow murmur. Mitral valve murmurs in young puppies are rare, and flow murmurs are common. Some cardiologists can tell the difference because the loudest location of the sound of a flow murmur is not from the mitral valve.

Rod Russell
    Orlando, Florida USA