Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress your cavalier ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you dress your cavalier ??

Ruby and Bailey got their first coat about 3 months ago when it was absolutely freezing (well things haven't changed that much)

When I bring them out, they get their coats on them (matching but in different colours ;o) and if its at night they get their flashie beams on so they get noticed.

However, people look at me funny cos they have coats... Now I don't care what people think, but just interested in if you dress up your dog or not as I haven't really seen that many people put any kind of clothing on their cavaliers...
    www.pet-bliss.com for pet products
    www.poshpaws.ie Designer Pet Products
    www.gift-ireland.com voluntary group raising money for rescues

Post Thanks / Like

harry has a t-shirt saying "i love cats"

Post Thanks / Like

Benny has a little red sweater, a matching scarf, felt booties and even a rain jacket... The Canadian winters can be VERY cold but Ben LOVES his expeditions outdoors so I just dress him accordingly. I'm sure some people think I'm a shi-shi kind of person as a result, but my argument is that he's a spaniel, not a husky! These lap dogs weren't bred for the cold! (Besides, I think he's adorable in his clothes!)

Post Thanks / Like

I swore I would never get clothes for my dogs, but I couldn't resist this adorable hoodie! from there it was all downhill and I got him a puffy vest, too. Unfortunately, the hoodie hits too low and he would end up peeing on it if he wore it outside...
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

First dog I dressed was my yorkie. She could not wear a normal coat as she walked with a wiggle and the coat would end up twisted round her body. Every time it had been raining she would get a chesty cough. I could only find one coat at the time that covered her tummy and it just happens to look like a ski coat. As soon as she started wearing it her chest problems stopped and the coat didn’t twist on her body.

The only problem I had with this coat was the fact that Dizzy would act like a typically small terrier and charge up to the big dogs. Barking her head off, enough to make them run away from her. I was stopped one day by another dog owner who asked me if this was the ’Gangster dog, the one that when round beating all the other big dogs up, cause that dog wore a coat like that‘.

SiânE has a coat for wet weather. She runs when she sees me pull the coat out as she doesn’t like the wet weather. She also has a couple of jumpers that I have knitted for her, she hates the cold and if it‘s windy she hates being over the park. The jumpers have helped a lot

People love the rain coat and I get a few funny looks with the jumpers and some nice comments. But mostly she wears it on a really cold and windy day. The kids love it. I laughed one day when a mother told her daughter ‘see I told you it was cold! Even the dog has got its coat on’

In the end the only thing that matters is SiânE and if walks over the park are easier because she feels dry and warm then other people’s opinions don’t matter.
    Davy, SinE&Ella
    & sometimes Cassie the cocker AKA 'the black shadow''

~Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts♥~
    My cavalier not spoilt...I'm just well trained!

Post Thanks / Like

We dress Abbey to keep her warm and dry. She doesn't really like it, but she's gotten used to it for the most part. She has a down jacket thing that she wears when it's really bitter out. She also has a t-shirt that she wears, mainly to keep dry--her belly gets pretty soggy otherwise when it's wet out.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes we dress Dudley, we get a lot of snow in Toronto.
    I bought him some good boots, Dawn (Maxwell & Me) sent me a coat
    from Old Navy in the States but it was too big for him.

Some of the doggie boutiques here are outrageous for pricing.
    I have since found that The Hudsons Bay Co sells coats at realistic prices.

Anyway
    Dudley Owns
    Red Sweater
    Mexican Vest
    Soccer Jersey
    Boots
    I love how he looks in Ylw, so I will be looking for something nice for
    the spring. The bright colors are coming back here in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like

I confess to occasionally dressing Pixie. She's got a couple coats, t-shirts, and pj's.

Raincoat:

One of her winter coats:

T-shirt from the beach:

And PJ's (for when we all have a pj morning)
    ....Sally
    Mom to Pixie - DOB 5/27/04
    And rescue kitties Max and Sophie

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Sally

I see in the background that you also spoil her.
    Sofa, Beds, Stuffed Toys
    Way to go. icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

Post Thanks / Like

LOL...spoiled? My kids?

Psst... the sofa, sisal board and scratching box are the cats'. And the cats play with the I-Cube balls too.
    ....Sally
    Mom to Pixie - DOB 5/27/04
    And rescue kitties Max and Sophie