• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The "Glamour Girls"

JaneB

I do believe my husband has finally lost it. He was the guy that, and I quote: "wasn't going to have any little yappy, ankle biting, toy dog in his house." "I can't go to the job site with one of those things. . . What will the guys think?" icon_yikes

Sooooo, he spent the better part of Sunday afternoon working on HIS GIRLS Glamour Shots! Here are a few of his favorites. MEN!!! - gotta love 'em. (sorry to all you guys out there, but really. . .) And didn't they turn out nice? icon_heartthrob

JaneB

The girls, Fauna (B&T)-6 months/10 lbs; Flora (Blenheim)-4 months/5lbs

FFonchair.jpg

Make that HIS GIRLS!

FF2_onchair.jpg

Aren't I beautiful??

profile_2_5x5.jpg

Wow, what wonderful pictures!! I particularly love Fauna's side view shot. What a beauty!

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! I SERIOUSLY have goose bumps right now!!!!!!!!! Did you get Flora from the same breeder you got Flauna? I am sooooooooo jealous! Give them big smooches for me.
And as far as your husband. Mine was the same way! Now he's just as excited as me to get a second fur baby!

Beautiful pictures!! Your girls are stunning!

My ex never wanted dogs. Dogs are this, dogs are that...no, no, no dogs ever. A couple years after we separated, I got Pixie. He was over dropping something off one day and got to meet her. As he was leaving, he mentioned she was a cutie and seemed sweet. A few months later I ran into his sister and she told me he just RAVED about my dog to her...how adorable she was, how well-trained she was, how she just loves people, how I'd worked my magic on another animal (I'd had a knack for taking in rescue cats and turning out loving, sweet, huggable kitties.) Hehehe. All these years later and I still get a kick out of proving him wrong. icon_whistling :lol:

Absolutely fantastic pictures. They look so professional. Two adorable little beauties. Such pretty little faces.

They are lovely - we just got a new camera and had 70 pictures of the dogs on it....

What beautiful dogs and beautiful pictures! Glad to hear he has come around. I've told the story more times than anone wants to count, but I was the same way. Just barely tolerated dogs; and here I am with 9 and breeding them.

Thanks all for your kind words. We think they're pretty sweet, too. John, my husband was a photographer in a former life but really hasn't done "doggie pics" before. We were pleasantly surprised that the girls were so attentive. I first tried getting them to sit still by giving them treats - WRONG! After a few experimental runs we found that they did much better if we used one of their squeak toys. The food sent them over the edge with excitement but the toy made them perk up and just look. We had such fun that John is going to be taking photos at the Cavalier show here in Indy this summer. He is working on creating some back drops for the shots. If any of you have any ideas I'm sure he would appreciate them. Right now we have a "French bistro" scene complete with window boxes - the dog to sit on a wroght iron chair at a table, a meadow with flowers, a "royal" throne and, since we are in Indianapolis, a race car. Ideas?

JaneB

wow, great photos. the lighting on that last one is just awesome. very nice.
what a size difference between 4 and 6 months--Flora looks more puppiesh, fauna is developing into a beautiful young lady. Flora is a petite one for sure.

They are stunning photos of two beautiful girls icon_heartthrob

So pleased that John has started photography again.

Maybe try a pale blue background behind Fauna - it's quite difficult with B&Ts, and she would perhaps show up a little better.

For settings, an old favourite is a wicker basket of some description, perhaps with some fence rails and foliage.

I like natural settings too, would there be an area of long grass where you could take photos?

I find sandy colours show the black and tan off well ( thats why you see so many pictures of my sofa! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

And getting the lighting right to make the most of B/T's eyes is difficult too. Funny, Flora and Fauna are very like Holly and Chloe (except in latter's colour). Flora's head and muzzle shape are identical to Chloe's.

Back