• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

bailey

LINDA CROSS

hi, bailey came home this evening, wish me luck tonight, he's probally going to cry all night. But I am so glad to have him finally.

Glad he's home - thought you weren't having him 'til Tuesday!!

Hope you managed to get some sleep...and remember, we're desperate for photos :lol:

HI, bailey slept in his crate til 1;30 this morning, then I had to put him in bed with me. I will send pics later.

I went to see him yesterday to put his colar on him and I just had to bring him home. Everybody loves him already.

Hi Linda

Bailey is gorgeous i just love Blenheims i am biased though! good luck and enjoy icon_heartthrob

Sarah xx

Oh, Linda, you have done it now! Bailey will forever be your bedmate. They say NOT to show a Cavalier your bed or . . . isn't it just the best to have those little critters snuggled up next to you? :lol:

Enjoy your baby, he's a doll. I hope you aren't working this week-end so you can have tons of time with the little furball.

JaneB

Hello Linda,
Congratulations on bringing home your new puppy! Speaking from recent experience (we have only had Riley for a week), there will be some getting up to let him out during the night. But already Riley is sleeping 6 hours straight through, he's now 11 weeks old, so maybe you will get more sleep than you thought too. :)
Riley does sleep in his crate, but they are so cute and snuggly, i understand how easily they could make it into the bed. ;)

LINDA CROSS said:
hi, bailey came home this evening, wish me luck tonight, he's probally going to cry all night. But I am so glad to have him finally.

I have never had an issue with new pups crying -- not even on the first night. I had expected it <had it with other breeds>. Sandy

What a cutie!!!

I've had Charlie less than a week, and he does whine a couple times as night. The dogs all sleep down in what I call the puppy room, it's directly below my bedroom, in a room connected to my office (which is where I spend most of my day). My dogs all sleep in their crates at night; but for Charlie, I leave his crate door open, and put down a piddle pad so he can potty. Works great! However, he wakes up and wants to play, the others are sleeping with their crate doors shut, so Charlie sits outside their crates whining at them to come out and play! :lol: I call down through the vent and say "Charlie, quiet!" and he stops and goes back to sleep. Amazing!

I NEVER had an issue with Isabelle crying at night. Then after I let her sleep in our bed a couple weeks after coming home, she'll cry all night if we try to crate her. Like the earlier replies say, once they are in your bed once, it's for a lifetime, which is fine by me. :lol:

Both of mine sleep in their open crates till it's bedtime and then run up the little stairs I have next to my bed! I sure would hate to tell them whose bed it really is anyway. ;) I even tried this morning when they had the whole entire right side and I was squished on the other side :oops:

Sheri

We never had any problems with crying either icon_whistling ....they slept with us from the word go. I always thought that when they needed to get up I would know straight away and be able to take them out. It has worked fine for us.
Julie and the girls

Back