• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Doggy Dandruff!!!

Angela

Hi i was just wondering if anybody else has a puppy with what can only be described as dandruff!! My puppy has it and at first i thought i was maybe bathing him too often and drying his skin a little. The vet said this is very normal and common in puppies. Maybe it just shows up more on Joey as he is a tri and the white dandruff shows up more on the black fur. Sometimes its worse than others.

Is he scratching with it Angela?

If so there is a condition commonly referred to as "walking dandruff", properly Cheyletiella mite and it could be this. Did the vet look at the dandruff under the microscope?

I wouldn't bath a puppy too often, and only use special puppy shampoo. You could try adding a small amount of butter or margarine to his diet, about 3 times a week - this can help with dryness too.

Back