• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sandy's SM book - includes Rupert's story

Nicki

Dear Friends

I am thrilled to announce that the book, "For the Love of Ollie - A story of compassion and courage" will be released on March 4, 2006.

It has been over a year in production and the 6.5" by 8" book of 60 pages in beautiful full colour looks fantastic. The book has three sections:

{Sandy's Cavalier} Oliver's story,
stories from other dogs that have suffered from SM,
and a section with clinical information including contributions from Dr. Clare Rusbridge.

All proceeds from the sale of the book will be directed towards syringomyelia research.

I have set up a new website {address at the end} to market the book and make sales available to the general public. As a dog owner, I hope you can help to promote and sell copies. Please take a few minutes to make a list of your network: family, friends, neighbours, business associates, veterinarians, breeders, pet people, libraries, pet supply retailers, independent bookstores and anyone else who might want to purchase a copy.

Then go to my website, which will be running in the next few weeks, and order enough copies for all. I will be in contact directly with those who have contributed to the book . If you would like I can make a bulk shipment to you, shipping costs would be reduced. If you would like some promotional material (bookmarks, order forms or posters), I will be happy to send some along. The pricing of the books will be $15.95 Canadian, $13.95 US and 7.90 for our British friends. The cost of shipping will be added. Paypal will be available.

My objective in producing the book is to raise awareness about syringomyelia and to raise funds for research so that future generations of Cavaliers and other small breed dogs will not suffer. At the present time the funds will be allocated to the genome research with the hope that we can expedite the successful completion of this research. Any help you can provide, either by promoting, purchasing, or selling the books will take us closer to our goals. This research is also intended to be of great value to humans and that has made it an even greater priority. Thank you everyone...

For the love of Ollie and for the love of all breeds affected,

Sandy

www.fortheloveofollie.com

Oh that's great Nicki -- thanks for the post, I'd meant to get something up on the book. I'll crosspost it to the SM website news sectiion as well if that's OK! :)

I bought a copy of Sandi's book at the Cavalier club show last Saturday and I have to say that it is beautifully written and produced. It is not a depressing book at all but in some ways quite uplifting.
I was privilaged tp meet Sandi last December and she is a lovely lady. I hope this book sells a million for her and the funds she is trying to raise , so selflessly, for SM

Barbara Reese
UK

I don't think the website is running yet Kendall :cry: they are still working on it...

Thanks Karlin...yes anywhere and everywhere please, I know it will probably appeal more to Cavalier owners and obvioulsy those affected by SM, but might try it on a few general boards too.

I haven't had time to join your new SM yahoo group yet - thanks for setting that up {sorry about all the hassle :( } - but if you get there first, please could you put it on there too?

Barbara, so pleased you enjoyed your copy...mine are still in transit :D My Rupert should be in the book, so I'm very excited and have ordered lots of copies to give to my dogs' breeders, vets and friends and family :D

THE WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNING :D

My book has arrived, it is wonderful, lovely photographs and beautifully written

The website is wonderful! I bought two books, I plan to pass one around my family and friends so they better understand this disease.

Brilliant, thanks Jen. That's an excellent idea as they will be able to see what you are dealing with and hopefully be more understanding.

I've ordered a whole heap, for friends, family, my dogs' breeders and our vets :lol: I'm going to take one down to Glasgow with me too...it's such a beautiful book and that alone will make people pick it up and read it.

My book arrived today. I can't wait to get home to see it. I can't believe it arrived so quickly :D

Hope you're enjoying it Joanna - it does need a Kleenex warning though, but is full of beautiful photos and is very uplifting despite the sad stories and of course there's a photo of my darling Rupert as a pup...so what more could anyone ask :lol:

Well, I read the book in one sitting last night and I thought it was beautiful. It is very well laid out and very informative. Daisy Boo is getting her vaccinations on Thursday and I'm going to bring it over to the vet with me so she can read it. Rupert's photo is absolutely gorgeous and your story written really well. There are so many stories in there - it's very worrying.
Anyway, well done to all involved.
Joanna

Nikki

I wanted to order 2, do I have to do different transactions I cannot
find a Qty when ordering. It automatically comes up as 1.

I would like to get one for my breeder.
lulu

I gave the book to my vet today and I was delighted to hear she knew a bit about SM already. She mentioned that they are doing the MRI scans in UCD now, albeit they are only starting out and they are few and far between. Its a good start though.

Back