Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frank Bank, friend for life and forever

Post Thanks / Like

What a treasure she was.

I think you are right in thinking she had Sheltie in her, I have two and yes they do understand human talk!

How lovely that you could write this about her, you had a very special little friend in her, treasure your memories, they are yours forever.

Take care,

Alison, Wilts, UK.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to add something to my memorial for frank, something that popped into my mind as i was driving around the other day, something precious about frank that i had forgotten and hadn't thought about in all these years.

It's that she used to do something that we called "giving a neck." If you were laying in bed or on the floor or on a couch, she'd come up and lay down, placing her neck right across your neck, with deliberate pressure--she would press her neck down snugly on your neck and just stay like that. It was a sign of affection, and it was really special. We'd say "Oh, she's giving you a neck." There was no predicting when she might do it, it's not like she did it all the time. I dont' know if other dogs do this, i'd never experienced it before, or since. What i wouldn't give to have frank give me a neck right now.......

luckily i have a warm little body laying up against my leg as i sit here, a little head laying heavily on my upper leg, little zack, i am so blessed to have him, to know him is to feel love and appreciation for him, his sweetness, i feel happiness every day, many times a day, just to encounter him, the way he watches TV with such interest, the way he always follows me to the bathroom when i have to go, what a companion, the way he does everything that he does, he has such an innocence about him. he has really brightened my life and added so much sweetness, laughter and warmth.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how thing trigger a memory.

I wanted to let you know that my Blue Merle Sheltie does this, sometimes I wake and she is just "there" doing this, the older Tri girl doesn't. No other dog that I have owned has ever done it either, strange! I will ask around a few animal behaviourists that I know and see if it means anything, will let you know!

Alison, Wilts, UK.

Post Thanks / Like

Alison, that is so interesting. I wonder what it's called. It's lovely, isn't it?
    let me know if you find out anything.

Post Thanks / Like

That "neck" hug! My Fauna (b&t) does that to me every morning. That's the way she wakes me. It is so very sweet! I know exactly what you are talking about. Aren't we lucky to have had one of those special "hugs"? I think it must be a "personality" trait rather than breed specific. Fauna is a pretty dominate little girl but yet, she is very sweet. I think it's her way of reclaiming me every morning. It works, too! I am hers.

JaneB

Post Thanks / Like

Jane, i can just picture her doing it. I am happy to hear that others have experienced this wonderful thing. It's nice to know others know what i'm talking about, and it also means i might have another dog who does it some day, which would be neat, or at least i might meet another dog who does it.
    Enjoy your neck hug tomorrow morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Judy, I thought of you and Frank this morning when I woke. Fauna was in a very "huggy" mood and wouldn't budge from her hug position. I told her that we were going to send a couple your way. Consider yourself the recipient of "the neck."

JaneB

Post Thanks / Like

thank you jane and fauna! jane you are so blessed. thank you for sharing the warm feeling with me. i can just picture her doing it.
    necks to you both xoxo