Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Upset at my Brother

Post Thanks / Like

How frustrating for you!!! I had an aquaintance who was determined to breed her female. Oh she's so cute and everyone tells me I should breed her. I bombarded her with literature and printouts on sm, mvd, patellas, etc. Luckily I didn't lose her as a client in the meantime but I just couldn't sit by and listen to her talk about this. Well, hallelujah, she had her girl spayed and did not breed her. Praise God I got through to someone but it ook over 2 years!!! I can totally feel your aggravation. You might as well be smacking your head on a brick wall, huh?! Lots of good advice above though.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Donna - just get in touch w/me if you need to. Sandy (Woodhaven) is also connected with rescue, so she would be a good contact.

I've seen a couple cavs here in Lincoln at a local pet shop - usually the owner calls me to "stop in and see them" when she gets them in, but won't tell me where they're from (somewhere here in the state).
    I just want to break into the store later and steal them

Since we can't pick our family (wow, that rule really IS true)thank heavens we have good friends we can chat with here
    Maybe we need a topic forum regarding "the people that make us mad" so we can x-change remarks regarding that - mine would primarily be dumb drivers in our city

Sheri Ramirez

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to update you all on my brothers puppies. After much thought and some encouragement from Sheri Rameriz, I took it upon myself to try to home the puppies. My brother and I carefully calculated his expenses, which came to a little over $2400.00 for the litter, and he agreed that he would sell the puppies for just what he had spent. That was the first and most difficult hurdle. Then we set about finding suitable homes for the babies. All of the puppies have been placed with friends of mine, who either have another Cavalier, or who have been wanting one. All the families know the complete history (such as it is) of the litter, know there is no health guarantee, and have the means to deal with any potential health issues that may come up. (I think I scared a few people with my dire warnings and predictions, but I wanted to be absolutely certain that the new owners would be prepared for any health issues that may arise, and they they would not balk at what could be considerable costs associated with them). The puppies are nine weeks old and will begin leaving his house this week. The first ones going to their new homes are going to the families who already have a Cavalier, and the last two will be going to their new homes next week. All have had their first shots, and all, except one tri girl, seem to be quite healthy. The one little girl I have concerns about, has a "bunny hop" gait, and I suspect she may have some patella issues. I am quite familiar with this, as my Molly had severe luxating patellas and had to have both knees operated on when she was a little over a year old. So, that little girl has come home to live with me, and we have named her Abby. She stole my heart the first moment I saw her, and giving her to someone else would have been impossible for me. She is a precious thing, and so pretty. My Molly has already started to love her, and spends quite a bit of time laying on the floor allowing little Abby to chew on her ears and tail, and teaching her the manners that every puppy needs to know. My card reader from my digital camera is on the fritz, and I am going to replace it this week, so I will post pictures as soon as I can. This whole thing turned into a labor of love, and I certainly have a new and greater respect for all of you breeders who so carefully place your precious charges. My brothers female has an appointment for her spay operation as soon as the last puppy leaves for its new forever home, so that. as they say, is that. Hopefully I will be able to report that all the puppies remain healty and happy, and since I know ALL the new puppy mommies and daddies, I will be able to keep track as they grow into adulthood. I guess, all is well that ends well. Thank you all for all your support and encouragement and a special thanks to Sheri.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Donna, for taking the time and effort to deal with these pups in such an honest and caring way. Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

Donna, I think you are a star for working so hard in finding homes for these puppies and warning the new owners of the problems they may have (fingers crossed the are fine), instead of them ending up in horrible places.... best of luck to all the new owners and I hope your little one is okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, you have done a stellar job and you and Sheri make a great team! You undertook a very tough situation against the odds. I know I for one will look forward to your pictures and hope Abby will do well. You certainly deserve bouquets of flowers!!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Donna - I had to attend a very, very sad funeral today and now you put such a lovely summary of your brother's puppies on the site today. Well, I'm usually a "no cry" person (I'm better at cussin' vs. cryin') but I tell you I've been in tears most of the day You're the saint for finding homes for so many of the "little ones" and esp. for taking in Abby. The "thanks" definately goes to you

Sheri

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I just caught up on this story and am sooo proud of you! What a wonderful job you've done. Good work
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

looking forward to seeing pictures of abby. nice work, enjoy your "reward."
    I hope her knees will be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah for you and all of the puppies. You have worked so hard for all of those puppies and really have a wonderful outcome. It will be nice for you to be able to watch them grow and especially your new baby Abby. She will have a wonderful life with someone who knows what to expect and give her so much love and any needed care and a lovely big sister to keep her company!!!
    Julie and the girls