Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I might be getting my Ruby Finally

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I might be getting my Ruby Finally

I received a e-mail from my breeder this evening telling me that she is pretty sure her Ruby is with Puppies and if so should whelp on March 30th.

I am so excited, probably over anxious.
    Is it too early for me to get this excited since the puppies are not even born yet ??????
    But I have been waiting so long to hear from her, I was beginning to give
    up hope. I did not want to pester her, but she is tellin me not to get too
    excited I won't be able to sleep. icon_yikes icon_yikes
    This is a big decision for us due to my job, my hubby doesn't want to wait
    any longer as if all goes well the puppy would be coming home around the
    2nd week of June. Dudley will be 2 1/2 by then, he feels if we wait any longer Dudley will not be so playful but on the other hand he is also very
    concerned as Dudley is very attached to both of us and he is worried that
    he may not accept another puppy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

That is so sweet how excited you are. I really hope everything works out well for you and you are holding your new baby in your arms come June. Im sure Dudley will welcome the new baby with open paws!!
    Angela & Joey

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed Linda.

Post Thanks / Like

Have my fingers crossed for you. If pups are due March 30, then your breeder would know by now if she's pregnant. Although anything can happen, I would say, yes, I think it's time to start getting at least a little excited!

I wouldn't be too worried about Dudley accepting a new puppy. Just be sure to introduce them very carefully and slowly. I would suggest that the puppy be left in the crate for a couple hours with Dudley out and free to sniff at the puppy through the crate. And always do everything for Dudly first: feeding, petting, etc. Once you know for sure you will be getting a puppy, post back; there have been a lot of great suggestions on this board about introducing a puppy.

Is your breeder by any chance from Thunder Bay?
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H
    Have my fingers crossed for you. If pups are due March 30, then your breeder would know by now if she's pregnant. Although anything can happen, I would say, yes, I think it's time to start getting at least a little excited!

I wouldn't be too worried about Dudley accepting a new puppy. Just be sure to introduce them very carefully and slowly. I would suggest that the puppy be left in the crate for a couple hours with Dudley out and free to sniff at the puppy through the crate. And always do everything for Dudly first: feeding, petting, etc. Once you know for sure you will be getting a puppy, post back; there have been a lot of great suggestions on this board about introducing a puppy.

Is your breeder by any chance from Thunder Bay?
    Oh Bruce, I can't sit still, she said in her email for me not to get too excited but they are pretty sure that Lady is with whelp and if so
    she will whelp on March 30th.
    Bruce I know from your posts that she knows, she just knows me and
    how excited I get and probably didn't want me to lose sleep. Oh well so much for that I did not sleep all night.

She lives in Cobourg well actually Grafton.
    She is very good friends with Norma Moffat whom wrote a book about
    Cavaliers, her cavaliers I believe are the Brinklow Cavaliers. Have you heard of AbbyManorCavaliers that is her. Oh Karlin can't I just say it.
    She is an excellent breeder, Bruce this is her Ruby's 1st litter and I
    have found that Ruby's are harder to find.
    I don't know what it is, but something about them has be drawn to them.

Bruce we have a wonderful xpen that my husband built, I will try and find
    some pictures of it and post them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

icon_banana icon_banana We're so excited for you Linda...I know you will be on edge until the pups arrive, we have everything crossed that the pups will be healthy and sound and it will be a good labour. Sending lots of positive thoughts to Ruby.

Maybe start preparing Dudley by having other Cavaliers to visit, so he gets used to sharing you a little? Also even cuddling a soft toy {I know it sounds stupid, but it means he is not the centre of attention}

Most Cavaliers love having company - there may be a bit of jealousy at first, especially as puppies take so much attention, but I know you will make sure Dudley gets lots of attention too.

Also there are two of you, so you can be cuddling a pup each

Yes Norma Moffat is Brinklow Cavaliers - I too have her book! I can't find anything about AbbyManorCavaliers on the web, maybe they don't have a site.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki
    icon_banana icon_banana We're so excited for you Linda...I know you will be on edge until the pups arrive, we have everything crossed that the pups will be healthy and sound and it will be a good labour. Sending lots of positive thoughts to Ruby.

Maybe start preparing Dudley by having other Cavaliers to visit, so he gets used to sharing you a little? Also even cuddling a soft toy {I know it sounds stupid, but it means he is not the centre of attention}

Most Cavaliers love having company - there may be a bit of jealousy at first, especially as puppies take so much attention, but I know you will make sure Dudley gets lots of attention too.

Also there are two of you, so you can be cuddling a pup each

Yes Norma Moffat is Brinklow Cavaliers - I too have her book! I can't find anything about AbbyManorCavaliers on the web, maybe they don't have a site.
    Nikki

I am just beside myself, I spoke briefly with her this morning to see what
    my odds are as I have been waiting for so long.
    We have a law I believe in Ontario that you can only own a certain amount
    of dogs, so her Ruby does not reside with her but does live with a very very good friend of hers.
    Unfortunately she was on her way out the door, but the lady who cares for
    her has pick of the litter, but I believe she wants a b/t female and she would have to be outstanding as she wants to show her and breed her.

My breeder may also keep a female from the litter if they are gorgeous,
    but I don't care because my preference really is a male.
    Lady's sister just gave birth two weeks ago and she is sired by the same
    father her sister is a b/t and gave birth to 5 b/t and 1 ruby.

I cannot sit still, I am like a kid.
    She does not have a website as she said she was just being bombarded
    by emails and she always seems to have homes for her litters.
    I will send you a PM with her name to see if you know her.

Nikki, I wish I could have other Cavaliers visit but we don't really know anybody with any. So we will have to make the best of it, I know Dudley
    will be a little jealous but I am sure he will adjust.
    He breaks my heart as sometimes he sits by the storm door and whenever he see's another dog he cries to go out and play.

He is very sociable, so I hope I am making the right decision.
    I will try your idea about cuddling a toy.
    My husband is really a bit worried about him but still on the other hand thinks he is lonely.

She also said the chances are better that her girl will have more Rubies because she is a Ruby and Sire is a B/T.

I will send you a PM

Thanks Nikki
    I really appreciate the support.

Post Thanks / Like

Linda! I am so excited for you! Keeping my fingrers crossed that everything goes the way we are hoping for you!! Are you first on the waiting list besides them if they are superior? Can't wait to hear updates! icon_banana
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennapea
    Linda! I am so excited for you! Keeping my fingrers crossed that everything goes the way we are hoping for you!! Are you first on the waiting list besides them if they are superior? Can't wait to hear updates! icon_banana
    I just spoke to her again, I promised I would not be a pest as I tend to
    be a little of a nuisance when I am waiting for something as loving as a cavalier. Yes I am definetely 1st on the list, she said she herself can even
    wait until the next litter.
    So I have a long long 2/12 wks just to find out how many she had.
    Then the wait begins.

Thanks again everybody, I am just overwhelmed.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am so, so excited! Please post as soon as the babies are born!
    Kat