• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I might be getting my Ruby Finally

Linda

I received a e-mail from my breeder this evening telling me that she is pretty sure her Ruby is with Puppies and if so should whelp on March 30th.

I am so excited, probably over anxious.
Is it too early for me to get this excited since the puppies are not even born yet ??????
But I have been waiting so long to hear from her, I was beginning to give
up hope. I did not want to pester her, but she is tellin me not to get too
excited I won't be able to sleep. icon_yikes icon_yikes
This is a big decision for us due to my job, my hubby doesn't want to wait
any longer as if all goes well the puppy would be coming home around the
2nd week of June. Dudley will be 2 1/2 by then, he feels if we wait any longer Dudley will not be so playful but on the other hand he is also very
concerned as Dudley is very attached to both of us and he is worried that
he may not accept another puppy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

That is so sweet how excited you are. I really hope everything works out well for you and you are holding your new baby in your arms come June. Im sure Dudley will welcome the new baby with open paws!!

Have my fingers crossed for you. If pups are due March 30, then your breeder would know by now if she's pregnant. Although anything can happen, I would say, yes, I think it's time to start getting at least a little excited!

I wouldn't be too worried about Dudley accepting a new puppy. Just be sure to introduce them very carefully and slowly. I would suggest that the puppy be left in the crate for a couple hours with Dudley out and free to sniff at the puppy through the crate. And always do everything for Dudly first: feeding, petting, etc. Once you know for sure you will be getting a puppy, post back; there have been a lot of great suggestions on this board about introducing a puppy.

Is your breeder by any chance from Thunder Bay?

Bruce H said:
Have my fingers crossed for you. If pups are due March 30, then your breeder would know by now if she's pregnant. Although anything can happen, I would say, yes, I think it's time to start getting at least a little excited!

I wouldn't be too worried about Dudley accepting a new puppy. Just be sure to introduce them very carefully and slowly. I would suggest that the puppy be left in the crate for a couple hours with Dudley out and free to sniff at the puppy through the crate. And always do everything for Dudly first: feeding, petting, etc. Once you know for sure you will be getting a puppy, post back; there have been a lot of great suggestions on this board about introducing a puppy.

Is your breeder by any chance from Thunder Bay?

Oh Bruce, I can't sit still, she said in her email for me not to get too excited but they are pretty sure that Lady is with whelp and if so
she will whelp on March 30th.
Bruce I know from your posts that she knows, she just knows me and
how excited I get and probably didn't want me to lose sleep. Oh well so much for that I did not sleep all night.

She lives in Cobourg well actually Grafton.
She is very good friends with Norma Moffat whom wrote a book about
Cavaliers, her cavaliers I believe are the Brinklow Cavaliers. Have you heard of AbbyManorCavaliers that is her. Oh Karlin can't I just say it.
She is an excellent breeder, Bruce this is her Ruby's 1st litter and I
have found that Ruby's are harder to find.
I don't know what it is, but something about them has be drawn to them.

Bruce we have a wonderful xpen that my husband built, I will try and find
some pictures of it and post them.

icon_banana icon_banana We're so excited for you Linda...I know you will be on edge until the pups arrive, we have everything crossed that the pups will be healthy and sound and it will be a good labour. Sending lots of positive thoughts to Ruby.

Maybe start preparing Dudley by having other Cavaliers to visit, so he gets used to sharing you a little? Also even cuddling a soft toy {I know it sounds stupid, but it means he is not the centre of attention}

Most Cavaliers love having company - there may be a bit of jealousy at first, especially as puppies take so much attention, but I know you will make sure Dudley gets lots of attention too.

Also there are two of you, so you can be cuddling a pup each :D

Yes Norma Moffat is Brinklow Cavaliers - I too have her book! I can't find anything about AbbyManorCavaliers on the web, maybe they don't have a site.

Nicki said:
icon_banana icon_banana We're so excited for you Linda...I know you will be on edge until the pups arrive, we have everything crossed that the pups will be healthy and sound and it will be a good labour. Sending lots of positive thoughts to Ruby.

Maybe start preparing Dudley by having other Cavaliers to visit, so he gets used to sharing you a little? Also even cuddling a soft toy {I know it sounds stupid, but it means he is not the centre of attention}

Most Cavaliers love having company - there may be a bit of jealousy at first, especially as puppies take so much attention, but I know you will make sure Dudley gets lots of attention too.

Also there are two of you, so you can be cuddling a pup each :D

Yes Norma Moffat is Brinklow Cavaliers - I too have her book! I can't find anything about AbbyManorCavaliers on the web, maybe they don't have a site.

Nikki

I am just beside myself, I spoke briefly with her this morning to see what
my odds are as I have been waiting for so long.
We have a law I believe in Ontario that you can only own a certain amount
of dogs, so her Ruby does not reside with her but does live with a very very good friend of hers.
Unfortunately she was on her way out the door, but the lady who cares for
her has pick of the litter, but I believe she wants a b/t female and she would have to be outstanding as she wants to show her and breed her.

My breeder may also keep a female from the litter if they are gorgeous,
but I don't care because my preference really is a male.
Lady's sister just gave birth two weeks ago and she is sired by the same
father her sister is a b/t and gave birth to 5 b/t and 1 ruby.

I cannot sit still, I am like a kid.
She does not have a website as she said she was just being bombarded
by emails and she always seems to have homes for her litters.
I will send you a PM with her name to see if you know her.

Nikki, I wish I could have other Cavaliers visit but we don't really know anybody with any. So we will have to make the best of it, I know Dudley
will be a little jealous but I am sure he will adjust.
He breaks my heart as sometimes he sits by the storm door and whenever he see's another dog he cries to go out and play.

He is very sociable, so I hope I am making the right decision.
I will try your idea about cuddling a toy.
My husband is really a bit worried about him but still on the other hand thinks he is lonely.

She also said the chances are better that her girl will have more Rubies because she is a Ruby and Sire is a B/T.

I will send you a PM

Thanks Nikki
I really appreciate the support.

Linda! I am so excited for you! Keeping my fingrers crossed that everything goes the way we are hoping for you!! Are you first on the waiting list besides them if they are superior? Can't wait to hear updates! icon_banana

jennapea said:
Linda! I am so excited for you! Keeping my fingrers crossed that everything goes the way we are hoping for you!! Are you first on the waiting list besides them if they are superior? Can't wait to hear updates! icon_banana

I just spoke to her again, I promised I would not be a pest as I tend to
be a little of a nuisance when I am waiting for something as loving as a cavalier. Yes I am definetely 1st on the list, she said she herself can even
wait until the next litter.
So I have a long long 2/12 wks just to find out how many she had.
Then the wait begins.

Thanks again everybody, I am just overwhelmed.

Linda-
Neither Kris or I have met your breeder, but we have heard good things about her. Getting closer. Hoping time will pass quickly for you. Keeping my fingers crossed for a nice healthy litter.

Hi Linda,
Sending you positive thoughts and very good wishes that you will have your little ruby. I want to hear ALL about it!
Puppy fever is incurable I believe.
I want to know all the details as I hope I will be receiving my cure this summer.l

Best wishes,
Nancy
New Jersey

Crossing fingers, paws and toes that it all works out. I'm sure your Dudley will be fine. I know I worried before we got our second how my 1st baby would cope 'cause she is such a mummy's girl but I did as Bruce said so just follow his advice when the time comes. :)
Julie and the girls

Thank you everyone, I just can not sit still.
I am like a big kid, she did send a pic of Daddy but I really need to
ask her permission to post it.

10 More Days or less hopefully not more to whelping

Everybody
We are also looking for again hopefully MALE names beginning with a
"D"
Have to keep with the tradition, any thoughts would definetely be appreciated.

Bruce:

Has been kind enough to offer his puppy's name "Deuce"

I also have liked the name "Darby" for such a long time.

Come on everybody, put your thinking caps on since most of ya are all
british and Dudley is British I would love to have a British name.

Keep you posted, you would think I was having a Baby, and oh yes
this board will be bombarded with questions from ME when I get
this puppy. Hope that's okay.

Bruce H said:
Linda-
Neither Kris or I have met your breeder, but we have heard good things about her. Getting closer. Hoping time will pass quickly for you. Keeping my fingers crossed for a nice healthy litter.

Thank you Bruce, I love her.
I have always felt she has the Health of this breed in her best interest.
That is why I have waited so looooooooooooong, as I must say why
switch a breeder if you are happy with the testing they do.
Although she does not MRI test, but I don't think many do, but she
does eyes, heart and hips.

'I LOVE HER"

Back