• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mismarked?????

Angela

Hi i read a post regarding mismarked puppies. I was just wondering if my Joey would be considered mismarked. I must admit when i set out looking for a cavalier i never even thought about markings i just wanted one that was healthy. It is just now that i have noticed that most tri colour cavaliers have a very wide white stripe going from their nose up over their head (between eyes) . Joey barely has this white stripe at all. It is very thin. It really makes no difference to us whatsoever. We all love him to bits and we are not interested in breeding or showing. He is just a very much loved family pet. I was just curious. Im really sorry the picture is so large. Can someone please tell me how to make it smaller. I resized it by 25%.

IMG_0618.jpg

I just think they use that saying for showing dogs, it is in the genes just like us, Ozzy and Mollie can from a litter of six with all the colours in there, dad was a tri and mum was a black and tan, I love Ozzy's little white feet and white beard and chest - I got told he is not a true ruby - so what!!!!!

Joey looks lovely. icon_heartthrob

SiânE has the same markings as well

Last year over our park the only puppy cavaliers I saw were all tri and nearly all of them had the same marking on the faces.

Seems there are a lot of Joey’s and SiânE’s about :lol:

A narrow blaze wouldn't be considered 'mismarked'; however a wider blaze is preferable for a show dog.

My Sasha (blenheim) only has a ruby patch on only one eye - we've always thought it made her look 'extra-special'. She started out as a 4-H dog, then turned into a therapy dog ( she really didn't get into the agility part- she'd rather sit on patient beds and be petted :D ).

Sheri R.

Back